• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra GLS 1.4 mpi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Reaction score
Car For Sale
Make and Model
Astra GLS 1.4 mpi
Description:
Astra 1.4 GLS
Registered January 1995 ‘M’ reg
Ceramic blue 29L
Multipoint 8v engine (c14se)
MOT 27th April 2016
Current mileage 138,756 miles

Last service was in April this year at 134k with the MOT, also the break master cylinder was replaced.
Head gasket, cambelt, water pump, thermostat and full service in August 2014 at 129k at a cost of over £500.
Four new tyres, Michelin Energy Savers, March 2013 plus new front pads and discs.
New full exhaust fitted including cat in 2009, with new back box replaced again Jan 2013
Box file of all work carried out on the car and all receipts.

The car is in very good condition and cleans up to a good shine. Regularly washed and polished.
I get underneath the car twice a year, before and after the winter to clean the bottom, waxoiled once a year and is solid underneath. The only welding I know the car has had is to the rear bottom edge of the passenger side sill.
Electric front windows, heated electric mirrors, rear interior lights, rear head rests.
Original Vauxhall wheel trims, mudflaps, rubber mats original radio cassette.
Towbar with removable hook, never been used since before 2000.

Points to mention:
• Dent to passenger side front wing.
• At some point the battery has spilled acid onto the battery tray taking the paint off and leaving surface rust. I have treated this to prevent it getting worse.
• Small area of surface rust to rear arch/end of sill.
• Electric aerial doesn’t go all the way up, replacement mast included.
• Stone chip in windscreen in drivers vision but passed the last few mot's with this.

My Grandfather bought this car in 2000 and was the third owner.
The car was left to me in November 2008 after his death, mileage 72k with full service history and stamped service book.
It has been my everyday car ever since and not let me down. I achieve an average of 40mpg.
In September 2009 my wife took the car to the shop and when parked a Zafira reversed into the passenger side front wing leaving a dent. I was given a cash settlement from the other parties insurance and the car was not written off. I haven’t replaced the wing as I’m still looking for a good second hand wing in Ceramic blue in good condition. I’m not going to replace a dented wing with no rust with a straight rusty one.

Will come with Haynes manual a few spares I have accumulated.

Diary with pictures here: http://www.mk3oc.com/forum/showthread.php?40644-1-4-gls/page3

I will get more pictures shortly.

Not sure what to ask, I want it to go to an enthusiast who will look after and enjoy the car as I have so I shall say £450 but negotiable on this price.
Is the V5 present for the vehicle?
Yes
Is the engine type/cc correct on the V5?
Yes
Price
£450
Disclaimer
  • I have read and understand the MK3OC Classified Section guidelines

Last edited:
Still here, had some interest but no viewings.

Open to offers, it needs to be used.

now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back