Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Radio Removal Blaupunkt Car 300?

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi i have just got an astra mk3 1.6 R reg, and i want to rip out that old blaupunkt car 300 stereo, it has the display above the stereo, but iam having great difficulty getting the thing out!

I have standard radio release keys (ones you get from halfrauds for a fiver) and i have used an allen key to release the 4 screw's on the fascia, but now i stick the keys in and try and remove the HU its doesnt come out, im really forcing it!

Any ideas, any special techniques or am i doing something wrong???!?!

Any help much appreciated guys.

You bought the right keys?

When the keys go in , they hook onto the metal case , sounds like the wrong keys

The keys (IIRC) have a hook that points to the side , are you putting them in the right way >?

When You Put The Keys In Push Them Outwards And Then Pull Them

kkuk said:
When You Put The Keys In Push Them Outwards And Then Pull Them

If its just an old tape player and you dont really care about it, then push the keys in as far as they will go, then put your fingers in the tape hole and pull from there.

that is what i did-- the tools kept slipping, so stuck me finger in the cassette hole and pulled there at the same time. easier with 2 people.

got it all sorted now guys its all in, it was just a case of really tugging proper hard to get it out, nearly smacked me when it come out! i think thats probably because you are ment to take the glovebox out first then remove the wiring loom from the hu first then pull lol.

only one thing, i keep losing my equaliser settings each time i turn off the ignition, best to buy and iso adapter for that yeah?

I see they have em on ebay for like £6!! may aswell give that a crack ehh!

not sure if im losing all my presets, but all that would come under the permanent live (yellow) that goes to the headunit, just wondering really if buying an iso adaptor would change over the wiring order of power to enable the headunit to restore a perm live through the vehicles wiring loom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back