Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Anyone fitted a stand alone screen to a mk3 ??

Best answers
Reaction score
got a 6.5" screen to fit to the dash of my car but not sure where to fit it. had it in my last mk3 where the time/date/radio display was but i dont want to loose that in the gsi. anyone got any ideas where i could put it, preferably with pics ??

cheers, Mark.

Andymk3Astra has ... if you search MIG, it's definitely in there somewhere.

I am currently working on a solution for mine but I dont know what its going to look like till its done :)

I'd relocate all the heater controls personally...

Or do an AndyMk3 and make a fibreglass pod?

Hell, tp be really trick you could hide your clocks and whack the screen in - then use a camera to see whats happening and relay it while driving - then still be able to watch dvd's etc...

I'm gonna get a pair of sun visor monitors hopefully - plus maybe a rear facing flip down in the roof for when the boot is open at shows...

hmmmmmmmm

screen where the clocks are, clocks mounted under dash, camera pointing at clocks ........... you may be onto something.

would probably get a 2nd screen to do that, just a small 4" thing on top of the dash.

or maybe a projector that will display the image on the windscreen.

hmmmmmmmmmm

thats where i had it in my other astra but i dont want to lose the MFD in the gsi. have toyed with the idea of putting it above the glovebox, but ive got other plans for that area (PS2 'parts' coming out of the dash ;))

im now thinking of moving the MFD and the hazard switch and creating 1 of my 'custom cut ups' to make the screen fit.

watch this space ;)

i had mine where my rear view mirror was and had a reversing camera, it was actually a very good place to have it cos everyone in the car could see it.

why not hide the mfd and face a camera on to it and display it on your screen, very very cool.

the screen only has 3 inputs - 2 RCA inputs which im using for PS2 and DVD player, and 1 input for reversing camera which im also using.

a 2nd screen may be on the cards tho so that might be an option.

yeh i got my 6.5 screen were the mfd was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back