Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra 1.4 16v 3 door with black interior?

Best answers
Reaction score
ok, as I'm selling my 206 (not cos its a bad car, same reason as my mk3, I got bored of it) I havent decided what my new cars gonna be so when the 206 goes I'm gonna get a cheap-ish runabout till I make my mind up.

anyway, I fancy a 1.4 16v mk3 3 door with black interior as my runabout, trouble is I'm struggling to remember if this combination is even possible.

cant have a 1.6 16v as the only 3 door 1.6 16v is the sport, my insurance are going to ass rape me for insurance for that.

I mean I know they obviously did 3 door mk3s, mk3s with black interior, and 1.4 16v engines were fitted to some, but is there a model which has all 3? (p.s. plus the usual leccy windows, central locking, sunroof, pas, sport style bumpers and fogs)

Cesaro, 1.4/1.6 8v mpi, black interior.

Has pas, electrics, c/l, airbag, fog lights etc

Last edited:
Hendry said:
ok, as I'm selling my 206 (not cos its a bad car, same reason as my mk3, I got bored of it) I havent decided what my new cars gonna be so when the 206 goes I'm gonna get a cheap-ish runabout till I make my mind up.

anyway, I fancy a 1.4 16v mk3 3 door with black interior as my runabout, trouble is I'm struggling to remember if this combination is even possible.

cant have a 1.6 16v as the only 3 door 1.6 16v is the sport, my insurance are going to ass rape me for insurance for that.

I mean I know they obviously did 3 door mk3s, mk3s with black interior, and 1.4 16v engines were fitted to some, but is there a model which has all 3? (p.s. plus the usual leccy windows, central locking, sunroof, pas, sport style bumpers and fogs)

dont think you will be able to get an astra with sport bumpers on unless its a proper sport

edz_astra said:
dont think you will be able to get an astra with sport bumpers on unless its a proper sport

Astra Sport bumpers are the same as any of the late model facelift cars with bodycolour bumpers. From about P or R reg onwards, LS upwards had bodycolour bumpers up to the top swage line.

edz_astra said:

my old mk3 had them as standard from the factory and it wasnt a sport. R reg 1.6 LS astra, identical to a sport outside except mine had nicer standard alloys and the aerial was on the rear 1/4 not the roof.

p.s. Darren I ideally wanted a phase 2, and certainly nothing as old as a Cesaro.

1.4 16v is probably the rarest variant, cant be that much cheaper than a 1.6 16v

I only know of one 1.4 valver and that johns! Id get a cesaro 1.6 mpi, with clear indicators and the black boot panel.

1.6 is a no-go, last year I was £1350 for a 9month policy on my 1.6 SPI and this year with being driving 1 year and having 1years NCB I was £1100 for a 12month FC policy for my 1.4 MPI pug 206

however, I've just discovered that the only 1.4 16v's they did were the 5door LS models (grey interior) like Johns from off here.

may be getting a 1.4 LS 5 door in the same nautilus as my last 1 on a 1997 P reg from work as a runabout, (exact same as my last astra bar a 1.4 engine and P reg not R) I hope to hell if I do get it its the MPI 82BHP and not the spi.

nah mate you would be insulted by my offer as I'm not paying any more than 500quid for a runaround as I dont wanna lose loads of money when i trade it in to the dealers for a new car.

if I was looking for a mk3 for the long term then I'd give you your asking price no bother tho. :nod: but If I a few quid on a mk3 again its gonna be a mint phase 1 gsi with fsh, low miles, original cond and all the extras.

have you really shopped around for insurance thought you would have least been able to get a 1.6 sport

Users who are viewing this thread

Back