Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

astra gsi - which way should it go ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top stuff dude!

Consider 888/Europa blue - stunning shade in the sun - especially if mixed with a bit of purple pearl or similar ;)

Maybe even finish the wheel centres in it with a polished lip?

If you fancy a weekend's work with moi, lemme know ;)

work is still in the planning stages for this car due to funds not being available yet, got a projected start date of mid december.

and the longer i wait, the longer the list of work gets !! currently stands at (among other things) .....

strip to a bare shell and de-rust
full waxoyl / underseal / sound deaden
full respray (still deciding colour)
full Rieger Infinity II kit including wide arches
some smoothing will be taking place, cant say too much yet tho
17" Azev A wheels running 245/40/17 tyres at the rear, yes thats 2 4 5 !!
new braking system right through (using Black Diamond)
new suspension (Spax) and new bushes
some engine tweeks, nothing major but want around 180-190 bhp
refit cally leather, move rear belt mounts to fit bench properly, and strengthen current mounting points
new carpet (shag pile)
new steering wheel (Momo, probably)
some custom interior mods (cant say much, but thinking FULL multimedia)
large ICE setup

I guarantee 1 thing - this car is gonna win awards ;)

just found a supplier for my wheels in the offset i need, and at a bargain price of £870 inc tyres !! lovin it !!

so got a supplier now for pretty much everything, all i need to do is get the funds and get a shell, then we're cooking with gas !! even got a whole load of new tools arriving by the weekend, including a vice, a mig welder, pop riveter, pry bars and crow bars, new spanners, screwdrivers, socket sets. spent nearly £500 on tools, and not even got the spraygun yet (£240 DeVilbis gravity fed gun with a flip trigger to spray horizontal panels), so this is gonna be a proper job !!

just need the builder to get his ass round here and get started !! failing that im re-mortgaging the house !!

103534x_azev_a.gif

17" ET13 at the front with 215/40/17 tyres
17" ET14 rears with 245/40/17 tyres

as seen on this ............

blueastra8net2wd.jpg
[/IMG]

very similar to how mine will look !!

PS: If you want to make it stand out a bit more, get the filler out and smooth those arches right into the bodywork ;)

MMmmm.... shag pile....

EasyRob said:
PS: If you want to make it stand out a bit more, get the filler out and smooth those arches right into the bodywork ;)

MMmmm.... shag pile....

i have to agree, i'm not a huge fan of the rieger arches, just because they are stuck on - and look it! smoothing them in would look ace. don't see many astras like that. although i have a mate who has been doing it since last october to his astra. will look sweet when its done.

this thread is now locked.

a new thread will be started in conjunction with the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back