Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

boot

Best answers
Reaction score
right i have seen people have a smooth boot how do you do this and how do you get in the boot cos it looks good
si

boot popper kit off ebay :)

ive a smooth boot here in red ;)

its for a hatch and just thought it would look good and be a bit safer and are they hard to fit thanks
si

not hard to fit. if you find a smooth boot already done then you can just swap it over otherwise it involves removing the wiper and boot lock and welding a plate over the holes then filling/sanding and repainting etc...

popper wise it just needs bolting to anything solid on the inside of the tailgate, connecting the actuator bit to the boot relese linkage and wiring it up to however you choose to activate it. ive got mine running from one of the accessory outputs on my alarm key fob

sweet have you got any pics how its set up cos i have never messed around with boots and i want to do it all my self like the filling and what ever

the one i have is for a hatch

sweet have you got any pics how its set up cos i have never messed around with boots and i want to do it all my self like the filling and what ever

if i get a chance ill take the boot trim off and take a pic for you mate :nod:

the welding / filling aint simple, takes alot of time to get right. fitting the popper kit is easy they come with instructions

you not got a smooth boot for an estate? gutted! i thought it was m8...

doh >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back