Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

c20xe upgrades

Varnis9

Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
Hi guys
Looking to get some more power from my xe. Currently running on megasquirt v2, piper cams fast road bp270h (both inlet and exhaust) and upgraded front brakes. What would someone recommend to upgrade next? I do know that itbs are highly popular, but I want to gather all opinions before going forward.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
With what you are running already without sinking thousands into a built engine I would say itbs is a good next step and you already have the megasquirt to map to suit

ITBS or carbs are your only option for more power unless you want to go down the forced induction route

ITBS or carbs are your only option for more power unless you want to go down the forced induction route
Will standard gearbox and internals handle a turbo? What sort of power shall I be looking with such setup?

with ur mega squirt, I would put a small turbo on ur current engine, map it in, keep the boost low and it will be a hell of alot quicker! I can imagine the standard engine would take 6-10 psi

with ur mega squirt, I would put a small turbo on ur current engine, map it in, keep the boost low and it will be a hell of alot quicker! I can imagine the standard engine would take 6-10 psi
What sort of power can this potentially make? When you say a small turbo I would assume you are in the range of 20-30 hp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back