Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Can i raise my bonnet????

putting pics on here is easy! sign up to photobucket.com - upload pics and copy the
tags

Simples!

I know this thread is nearly 10 years old, but has anyone got pics of the brackets or whatever? having trouble overheating in traffic

If its overheating in traffic raising the bonnet isn't going to help.

i read some stuff saying people with drift cars do it for when they're waiting in queue, and some stuff up there ⬆️ just thought it could help, idk

i read some stuff saying people with drift cars do it for when they're waiting in queue, and some stuff up there ⬆ just thought it could help, idk

:lol: their like 600bhp massive turbo, loads of heat soak etc. I think you may have a different issue.

Also, what is your meaning of overheating in traffic? The mk3 uses a fan switch like most old cars, these do not regulate a constant tempreture like a modern car, these switch come on and off and certain tempretures which can be quiet high.

IIRC, most of them, normal running temp is 92c, fan come on at 98c, turns back off at 95c.
Overheating indicates your gauge is going in the red, or above 100c?

yeah above 100 unless i use the heater inside but that's just annoying lol

nah, you will have to drain the coolant though, which is a good excuse to do a coolant change!

it's in the side of the rad, you do some tests first though. The switch is a two speed or 1 speed switch, so it will have 2 or 3 wires going to it. if u bring the wires with a fat bit of wire ( by unpluggin it and jamming a wire in there, then the fan should start to spin.

I would jam the wire in there, then turn the ignition on, see if the fan spins.
If the fan spins, leave the car running for half an hour, the car should not be able to over heat with the fan running.

report back mate!

if u need wire, a piece of house hold 3 core, use 1 core, that will be man enough

thanks a lot, i won't be able to do it any time soon as my cars not at my house, got a lot of bits to go on tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back