Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

exhaust manifolds.....

Best answers
Reaction score
maybe a blonde question coming here..... but....

i have a 1.8 ecotec on a 95 plate, and i want to put a 4 branch manifold on it, coz ive been told it will aid my performance slightly, now ive looked around and they all seem rather expensive!! :sad: now being the tight person i am, ive seen that 4 branch manifolds off the 2.0l redtop go on ebay quite often and sell for not a lot of money *dumb blonde question approaching* would a 4 branch manifold from a 2.0l redtop fit onto my ecotec??

thanks
Linz

im not totaly certain, DaveBB might know for sure, but im sure the exhaust outlets on the ecotec is slightly smaller...

Not sure if it would even clear the bottom of the sump either.

the flange where it bolts to the head is diffrent and wont met up with the cat.

if you cut of the flange on the redtop and made one up to fit the ecotec and welded it to the manixold and fitted a cat from a red top it will fit.

blimey that sounds a little complicated......
im not too worried about the whole cat thing as im looking to get a decat pipe made up, looks like i'll either have to leave my manifold on, or pay a silly amount of money for one.

thanks for that . :D

Reece said:
arent eco-tec exhaust ports round?

Thats what i ment by different size.

nah what im on about is if they are round then maybe a 2 litre 8v (seh or ne) manifold will fit

if one of them will fit then you can pick up a sportex manifold for about 100 quid new. and have somewhere like powerflow make up a decat pipe which connects it to the toute of the new manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back