Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Headlight flasher unit help

Best answers
Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me with this, getting desperate as car is due MOT on 23rd of this month.

My headlight main beam flash will not work, I have swapped two different steering column stalks over, but no joy.

The main beam will flick on with the headlights on, but nothing happens if you pull the stalk back to activate the flash.

I have gone though the Haynes Manual and cannot find any flasher relay or anything obvious, all the fuses are okay, nothing else is not working.

If anyone could help I would be most grateful, this and the idle issue are driving me nuts, and If I cannot get the car though an MOT I am so screwed.

nothing so exciting sorry, just cannot flash my head lights...

yeah they work fine on normal main beam, lights up a treat, just when you want to flash them, nothing..
looking on the vauxhall parts places, there are new ones at £30 and ones new at £6??

Very confused now, cannot afford to purchase a new one, only to find it doesnt work still.

Not a bad idea, I might see if I can find a local member to help me.
cheers

Sounds like a stalk problem to me. Have you got a multi-meter?
If you have, look in the Haynes manual for the wiring diagram for the stalk and the lights. Find out which wire should be live when the stalk is pulled towards you etc etc
Cheers,
Phil.

Found a new stalk for £7 so ordered that, if that does not work at least I can rule out the stalk for issue.
Thank you for the advice.

It was a vauxhall parts place off the net.
As soon as I have the parts I will post up results.
any things I find out I will update you. in a weird way I am pleased its not just me with this issue

I really hope someone can help me with this, getting desperate as car is due MOT on 23rd of this month.

My headlight main beam flash will not work, I have swapped two different steering column stalks over, but no joy.

The main beam will flick on with the headlights on, but nothing happens if you pull the stalk back to activate the flash.

I have gone though the Haynes Manual and cannot find any flasher relay or anything obvious, all the fuses are okay, nothing else is not working.

If anyone could help I would be most grateful, this and the idle issue are driving me nuts, and If I cannot get the car though an MOT I am so screwed.

Headlight flash not tested on MOT. As long as you can go from dip to main and back again you should be OK.

Wow, I did not know that, I thought for sure they would test it.. thats cool to know if the new stalk does not fix it.
Cheers

New stalk fixed it, I got mine from Vauxhallworldparts.co.uk, all in with VAT and postage it prob cost £12.
But now works a treat, the three used ones I fitted all did not work, must be a weakness in the design, Or I was very unlucky, but at least that niggle is fixed.

no problem. If I can fix my idle and poor runing as easy, I will be chuffed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back