Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Mk3 Astra 5-stud conversion

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello all.

Two questions for you, firstly is the caviler 5 stud pattern the same as the new mk5 Astra (eg, will mk5 Astra alloys fit on to 5 stud cavs)?
And if they do, what parts am i going to need to convert my mk3 to 5 stud and how would i do the conversion?

Any help appricated.

Chris

yes they are, and yes they will! Which wheels are you thinking of, the 5 spokes?

If so, as an alternative you could get the 17's off the Tigra, which are 4 stud...

As for the conversion - it's easy enough if you have good mechanical knowledge, and a decent bit of workspace!

Rear hub's are pretty much just bolt on (fro ma Cavvy V6 or similar..)
For the front's, you'll need compelte GSi front leg's + CV's - bearing's from the Cav, plus the obvious hub's etc.

Takes a bit of time to do right - but the results are cool, and exclusive!

Looking at either the 19" GT Stars or the 18" Astra VXR wheels Al.

Cheers for the info, so do cav v6's have disk rear brakes?

gsi legs? nnnnnnnnoooooooooooo! you just need v6 front legs complete, with shocks and springs from your astra along with top mounts and the rear would be a complete cav NOT calibra rear beam, job done! mk5 astra wheels have a slightly lower offset of around 42mm i think but should be fine.

yes cavalier rear beams fit the mk3 no problem

you can also fit vectra rear hub's with a little work.

you could just change the front hub,bearing and brakes setup.

all vauxhall 5 stud wheels fit any vauxhall 5 stud set up.

Right so i need a set of Cav V6 front legs, and a cav rear beam. And couple these with my current suspension?
Don't suppose anybody's got a "how to" with pictures?

Right, have been looking fully in to this now.

A Cavalier rear beam is useless - it's too wide and you only need the hub's off it, plus a GSi handbrake cable + guides.
Then get a set of V6 front leg's, and it all drops together - make sure you add new bearings while you're at it :)

Job done :)

Might start gathering the parts for it myself :)

link doesn't work Ben.

Yes mate, got your PM. Some interesting stuff on there.

Get yourself the front struts off a Cavalier V6 or a Calibra V6 (they're both the same).
Then get yourself the rear hubs off a Cavalier V6 or a Mk4 Astra 5 stud.

Anyone know decent ways of getting that little allen key bolt out to remove the discs?!

im about to do this conversion myself (waiting for coilovers to be delivered)

i have got the rear hubs from a 4x4 Cav (5stud) which should bolt straight to the Astra beam.

the front legs are the same between Astra/Cav, you just need to change the inserts/springs/top mounts

rear 4x4 hubs wont fit as they have a driveshaft thro the middle and have the bolt on layout for irs suspention as there diffrent to the beam layout.

rears need to be from v6 calibra or you can easly make a vectra rea set up fit with some work (2 new bolt holes drilled)

my rears must not be off 4x4 then! (no driveshaft hole) dohhh me :huh:

We used Cavalier Turbo Front hubs, and swapped the rear hubs for Cav V6 ones, straight swap no hassles.

PVS1.jpg

Last edited:
Rear 4x4 hubs should work, there is a space on the astra beam for the stub axle and the ABS plug, it's about 3 inches wide...

But the hub internals might get a bit exposed?

SkunkWorkz said:
We used Cavalier Turbo Front hubs, and swapped the rear hubs for Cav V6 ones, straight swap no hassles.

PVS1.jpg

you done the same as me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back