Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My Mk4 New Car PC - In Progress

Its beyond me, the dash bit, I'd have about 3 hours of fun doing the system, and cooling won't be a problem for me as I've got a spare liquid cooling system knocking around and a pipe from my aircon to the back of the glovebox... But the money for the screen and the skill to do the dash shaping escapes me.

Parts

That is totally awsome mate could you please post or pm where you get the parts from and the price for each sorta bit please, i really want something likethat in my car. cheers

keeping you updated

hey people thought would keep you up to date with my car PC project , some comments may not make sense becasue this is pasted from another forum

OK i spent today changing the bottom din panel as i wanted savage buttons all round

New panel In place :) and wholes drilled

Image199.jpg

filled :)

Image200.jpg

test fit ( i have ordered a different volt meter now, did not like this one)

Image201.jpg

now ready for re trimming which i will do tomorrow :)

stealth dash anyone lol

Image202.jpg

screen cut out

Image203.jpg

Dials cut out

Image205.jpg

finished

Image206.jpg

back of panel :)

Image209.jpg

OK screen now in

Image210.jpg

wile i had it all out i thought i would tidy up the back, before i had the original back of the monitor sort of duct taped on and was a bit of a mess

now mounted on piece of wood much better :)

Image211.jpg

and mounted

Image212.jpg

Just hoping Chris can find me a inverter back light plug as mine snapped and wont hold in anymore, once thats in should be ready to go back in the car

its alive !!!! again

Image214.jpg

thanks again to Chris for some spares, would not have got it working again with out him :)

OK did some switch wiring today

Image220.jpg

not sure if to have the LEDS come on with ignition or just headlights ATM

OK after a few hours of wiring cursing and burning and cutting fingers lol

its in and working lovely :)

Image224.jpg

Image223.jpg

Photos don't do it justice, LEDS are really nice deep dark blue

My Valet and Ignition by pass switches now work great so for future i wont need the key in the ignition for shows
only reset to go but did not have a reset header, not a big issue

Your wish is my command however these pictures are taken with phone and its crap at night shots its 100000x better in real life i keep smiling when i get in car and boot it all up :)

Image226.jpg

Image227.jpg

Image228.jpg

ok car pcs been out for quite a wile .. my tft went pop and i brought another one

i secured the back alot better only one part only held by glue and thats the temp switches,everything else screwed in.

backoftft.jpg

Also replaced most of the choc blocks i was using with bullet connections

Armed with a propper crimp tool and a propper wire stripper !! job was so much easyer :)

im now working on my ashtray area which i have decided to put a mfd , not sure what one yet tho

OK started working on ash ray area im 90% gonna go for some MFD but not sure what yet

I wanted the panel i make be perfect stock fit so i hacked apart a spare ashtray and glued all parts together to make one huge panel

P290107_21.21.jpg

the actual ashtray was chopped of keeping just the front part

P290107.jpg

i then smoothed the panel with some filler and filled in the old sig lighter whole (this will be relocated somewhere later on, only ever use it for James bot projects lol)

P060208_18.33.JPG

i now need to decide which VFD to buy , and double check before i buy it i have enough room becasue the circuit boards are usually much bigger than the display sizes on these things

watch this space for updates :)

hey people here is a little update nothing really carpc'ish but few little bits

until i decide what i want to put in the ashtray area i covered it in material

P210208_23.jpg

i then decided to change my gators for two reasons , one they were getting a little grubby and had a few people say they looked a bit over powering so went with black

P240208_15.07%5b01%5d.jpg

P240208_15.07%5b03%5d.jpg

i also (not pictured) changed my vent areas back to normal plastic rather than trimmed, the finish was not good enough, (that one is for you Gary lol i know you suggested back to plastic)

ok onto what i want ,, here is a BAD mock on what i want it to look like when done

mock.jpg

(yes when i do it for real it will be straight lol)

ok thats all people :) sorry for the random comments and info overload but quite a few months of updates since posting here

also got it featured in custom PCs magazine :)

custompcpage12.jpg

custompcpage3.jpg

Cheers

DaveMark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back