Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

New clutch juddering...

Best answers
Reaction score
The clutch went on my artic the other week so have fitted a replacement black diamond clutch to it. The clutch itself works perfectly very smooth and it changes much much better. However no matter what I do it judders at lower revs when I pull off. The old plates where worn down to the rivets. The new clutch came in a kit with a new thrust bearing and even a little sachet of grease for the input shaft spline. The flywheel was glazed a bit so I used some 600 sandpaper to rough it up again. My mates seem to be pointing at a flywheel issue. Any ideas.

I'm guessing the flywheel face was no in pefect condition mate. Minor scoring on the flwheel along with a new friction disc don't match eachother perfectly. It will settle down with use as the old and new parts bed into eachother. Don't worry it will get better as you rack up the miles. Check your engine mounts for split/soft rubbers. What you describe is quite common after a new clutch, especially if the old one was badly worn, if the old clutch was down to the rivits really the flywheel should be replaced or re ground to avoid this. Hope this helps :)

Yeah it was down to the rivetts I will check the mounts tomorrow although I may have an even bigger problem now as I got caught out on a flooded road and might have damaged something.

All the mounts look ok. I have noticed a dry bearing type noise when i hold the clutch pedal in tho. What would that be.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_450 using Tapatalk

I think your right really annoying as the clutch is brand new. Moral of the story floods and cars don't mix.

Sent from my amazing Nokia 3310 using tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back