Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Northen Co'ord Position

Max

Best answers
Reaction score
Due to the departure of Kenn from the role, the Northern Co-ordinator position it is vacant again.

If you live in the northern area (Cumberland, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne+Wear & Teesside) and would like the opportunity to take on the role and responsibility, and get some things organised in this area, then please PM me showing your interest.

Any other queries or questions you may have, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks

The MK3OC admin team

Last edited by a moderator:
when did kenn leave?

from the forum index...

Cumberland, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne+Wear & Teesside

my guess is this thread has been copied/pasted ;)

1st post edited accordingly.

like Max said , no offence to anyone but im not wasting my time organising meetings and only two of turn up , whats the point , my time is more important now , good luck to who ever takes over , you'll need it

like Max said , no offence to anyone but im not wasting my time organising meetings and only two of turn up , whats the point , my time is more important now , good luck to who ever takes over , you'll need it

well said mate, know the feeling

no offence but thats not a particularly encouraging attitude... I'm know it's often difficult getting people to meets, the key is to find out who wants meets in the first place and fit them around them.

I am East Anglian organiser on AOC and when I organised my first meet (before becoming co-ord it must be said) the region hadn't had a meet for three years, and the entire site had less than 5 active site users that lived in the region. Nowadays, there can be anywhere between 7-8 and 30 members come to the regional meets, and meets are now moved all round the region to keep everyone happy.

No matter who runs whatever region, they should see it as a challenge to get people coming out and meeting up, and the region will prosper a damn sight quicker than if the negativity sets in and the RC doesn't care anymore - guaranteed.

A challenge , i like a challenge mate but this would be more for Anika Rice , i would send PM's to all the northern members asking for hints/tips/ideas for meets , about 20 members i think , id be lucky to get a handfull of replys , ive put posts on the regional area letting people know when and where the next meet wil be , then i get a list of 10+ all keen and up for it , i have then PM'd the members with the details to remind them , then when the day comes ill be lucky to have 3 turn up from a list of 10+ , ive organised 4 meets ( one i couldnt make myself ) , and each had a very poor turn out , it gets to a point where you think , hang on, whats the point , if there not arsed then why should i be , ive got far better and more important things to do with my free time now then sit around waiting for people to turn up .Thanks to the lads who did show at the meets and try'd to make it work with me , cant fault you . Hope who ever takes over has a go , ive tried and failed .

only getting 30% of those who put their name down isn't failure mate, its just the way it is. most regions will be the same - it's definately the same on AOC. THe problem is that people want to do things, but when asked to put up or shut up, they fade into the background.

My advice is give it one more shot, organise a Rolling Road - they're always popular and inevitably it perks people's interest and makes the region more active, if only for a couple of months..

totally understand your thoughts and if you do still want to stp down though :(

Havent got the time mate , and im getting rid of the astra soon as i find what im looking for , most of the lads ive spoke to dont want the job either , like you say , too much hassle for no reward

shame your steppin dwn kenn least you tryed gud ta meet you. was gona av a go but no 1 will turn up so no point

exactly my point mate , our region is too spread out and not enough members in either parts to make it worthwhile , but , at least i tried

exactly my point mate , our region is too spread out and not enough members in either parts to make it worthwhile , but , at least i tried

mines from wales to scotland mate - how do you think i feel lol :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back