• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Retiring my 1997 Mark 3 Astra Sport - 3 door, 1.6 (16v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

£100 is just a guess-timate; I haven't really put a firm price on it; might even give it away to a good home;
I'm more interested in it ending up with somebody who'd really like to have it rather than just selling it for scrap.

It's a very kind offer Allan, and thankyou for offering it here first. I'm sure someone will be along soon who will love it and give it a new lease of life!

Did someone get this ??
I'm very Interested if still available ?
Hi - sorry, only just seen this - I gave first refusal on it earlier this week, but haven't chased it up yet.
I'm getting my new car sometime towards Christmas (it's due to be manufactured in a couple of weeks time);
meanwhile using it daily, so I haven't been really pushing things.

Good morning Jordan,

The guy who's serviced the car for the last 17 years has said he'd like to have it, but that was a few weeks ago and nothing's been said since.

Having said that, nothing's happened since then to trigger further activity; I'm intending to keep using the Astra right up until my new car arrives
which now looks likely to be 16/12/17 - if they can't make that date then it won't be until Jannuary

Once I have a date confirmed, I'll get back to my man and see how he wants to proceed.

For me, this is the end of an era, the car is in good condition and I have a Concorde moment every time I drive to work in the light & dry.
(coming home in the dark takes the edge off that).

I've always attended to anything that needed doing when it needed doing, but nowadays that's taking a little longer
and is becoming that little bit more frequent and I'm pushed for time - I'm 64 and still work through choice but that
means time is in short supply - which makes things more expensive than I'd like.

You'll have seen from the photographs that there are a few rust bubbles, I could take care of them myself but I don't have the time,
so I've been getting them done professionally - more time and money.

My plan to date (prior to your message) was for the car to go to my mechanic or, if he doesn't want it, then in the absence
of any other takers, to We buy Any Car.

Hope that helps.

Best ... AllanM

Hi Jordan, it's gone to a new owner - somebody that wanted it (rather than scrap it), but I don't know how to cancel my advert.

Best ... AllanM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back