Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

the GSi rebuild .....

Best answers
Reaction score
aquired donor car on 10/11/2005 - 1.4 astra merit 3 door in blue

blueosrqtrweb8rt.jpg
[/IMG]

11/12/2005

most of the interior is now stripped out, all thats left is dashboard and boot plastics. floor is in mint condition, and there is not a drop of water anywhere inside the car (unlike my gsi which is like a swimming pool !!)

give me a chance !! only been at it an hour !! will be a shell in about a week or 2

got pretty much everythin out of the interior today, all thats left is the dash, steering column, and wiring looms. im amazed at just how good the condition of this shell is, apart from 1 small hole in the drivers arch the rest of the car is nice, which makes my job easier - less time fixing bad bodywork and more time modifying :thumbup:

couple of daylight pics ........

blueastrarearnet2nv.jpg
[/IMG]
blueastradaynet1ps.jpg
[/IMG]
blueastrastrippednet5uq.jpg
[/IMG]

id be telling porkies if i said i wasnt jealous, good find mate.

also, how does it have phase two repeaters but the phase one grille?

its L reg so its on the crossover of phase 1 and phase 2 - it also has the black panel on the boot.

ah right, let me know how you get on. whats needed engine wise to convert a merit to a gsi anyway

suspension, brakes, engine, wiring loom, driveshafts, gearbox, radiator .........

probably more stuff that i cant think of. il let you know as i do the conversion :thumbup:

i noticed that today aswell, gutted cause i liked having the sunroof !!

might see if i can cut 1 into the roof, dunno yet tho

Ummm. I kinda agree, It brighten things up. It's not like your rallying the thing I suppose. Anyhoo good luck with the project!

AL said:
My sunroof was put in aftermarket by some monkey's with a rusty hacksaw blade before I owned it as far as I can tell :P

oh! that would explain that then. i'll probably have to lose the air con when i fit the xe unfortunatly

will let you know on the sunroof Al, its not working properly in the GSi but im not sure why. still not sure if im gonna put a sunroof into this shell, might not bother and just have a large flip down roof screen instead :w00t:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back