Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

1.8 16V cabby

Best answers
Reaction score
This is my sisters new car after someone wrote off her MK4 Astra 1.8 Sport.

160920111312.jpg

gave it a hoover out and a quick wash:
200920111313.jpg

200920111314.jpg

200920111315.jpg

200920111316.jpg

200920111317.jpg

had the typical manifold blow problem before we got it. will probably fit a four branch if one comes up cheap.
i've derestricted the air box and added a cold air feed as the rubber pipe was missing:

280920111332.jpg

i've also had to fit a lock rod to the drivers door as it was missing. have picked up a few things for it.
have a set of genuine mud flaps to fit, need to change the passenger mirror. it does need a few rust patches
sorting and it needs a new hood as some point.

also has a problem with the engine light coming on when warmed up when you slow down which then goes out
when you drive off again.

heres the ebay add:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110744954966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

if my sister decides to keep it then i will go to town on it and fit leather seats, power roof, under bonnet tidy up
etc. need to change the water before winter really hits.

since we've had the car i keep seeing MK3 astra's every where, also i've seen 5 or 6 other cabbys and 2/3 of them were the same colour!

had a problem with this today, was going shopping and the car hesitated then drove fine again.
after i had done my shopping i went to re-start the car and it wouldn't fine. so i checked all the
plugs on the sensors and still the same. so had another look under the bonnet and a vac pipe
was off, so put that back and nope still the same, so i kept cranking and lightly pumping the
throttle pedel and managed to get it to fire up again and rev'd it but only went up to 5500 revs.
so i drove it home and took the inlet pipe off and then pulled the idle speed control valve off and
stripped it and cleaned it, and used a thin smear of gasket sealent on it then bolted it back on
then refitted the inlet and it fired up first turn of the key. looks like it had been off before as it
had a home made gasket on it. also had the maf unpluged but don't know if that would have done
anything. also realigned the inlet pipe as it wasn't sat straight.

just sort the little bits out. got a pair of top mounts on the way, when i fit the i will check the front end over to see if anything else needs doing.
if my sister decides to keep it then i will sort it all out properly.

also have these in the garage that were meant for my sisters MK4 but i never got round to painting them.
03042010321.jpg

03042010322.jpg

03042010323.jpg

paid £40 for them with tyres but tyres were no good so took them off.
the damaged on still held air.

i,ve got a cabby in that colour aswell , if your going to change the roof to a elecy one , not got the roof but got all the electric bit for it . i,ve got the bits you need for free collect only

you planning on going 5 stud on the cabby then?

not sure yet.

i,ve got a cabby in that colour aswell , if your going to change the roof to a elecy one , not got the roof but got all the electric bit for it . i,ve got the bits you need for free collect only

shame your in birmingham, otherwise i would have had the bits.

had to change the drivers mirror glass today as it fell off as i was wiping the condensestion off.

changed the coolant today, stuff that came out wasn't to bad, but the expansion tank had a bit of sludge in the bottom
of it. also flushed the rad out. heater is a bit hotter than before aswell.

car has had cambelt & waterpump change at 88k.
new exhust back box & middle box at 88k.
new cam sensor and starting motor at 88 k.

just adding that before the ebay add goes.

will get a new crank sensor, lambda sensor and both water ones.

also spotted it doesn't have an EGR valve, so don't have to worry about that.

over the past few days with all the heavy rain i've noticed the car has alot of condensation on the inside.
had the wipe the inside the the rear window and noticed the parcle shelf was soaked, so need to sort that out.

good work matey. The drainage pipes start in the corner of the boot to the back were the hing is next to the seal. You need to take off both pannels From the sides of your boot and you will see a pipe running down each side. Follow the pipes to the bottom of the rear quarter pannel and there is a rubber gromit. That needs cleaning out.

bloody maf has given up! won't start unless you have the throttle over half way open. got it running and unplugged the maf and no different.
any one got one?

had the battery out yesterday:
311020111356.jpg

as you can see it moves a bit!

311020111357.jpg

gave it a quick paint to stop it going rusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back