Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

3dr Side Project

Best answers
Reaction score
*Sigh*

Non-Sunroof, Merit and three door. Cheap too. Had to buy it lol.

377742.jpg

Throw in a spare XE. Use up some left parts too, have a fun to build and drive motor. All on the cheap.....

Well until I stumbled upon this.... XE's were quickly sold to pay for it. Plus fancied having a crack at fitting in one of these engines in a MK3.

b9b560.jpg

Have cooked up some other ideas, which I'll be trying out on this car too.

You've got your work cut out with this lol :) the cheap projects are always fun tho!

:lol:

Most defiantly. Going to try and spend money on things that matter and upgrade if need be. Great thing is the shell is more solid than it looks. Any welding it needed has now been done.

Here is some more progress.

First day of getting the car, the interior was thinned out. Not sure if I want to sack off the rest of the interior, we'll see.
ad0fa0.jpg

Then bought a pair of bucket seats. Would like to find out who project car they came of.

Wheel choice sorted. No point going big, also gives me a good tyre selection at sensible prices.

Shell in it's current state. Of sorts as it's had some patches to make it's solid since this picture.

I have been busy sourcing other parts. Nige kindly sorted me out with one of his loom adapters and doing the biz on the ECU (thanks chief :beer:).

Thing is, one thing that was troubling me about the Saab engine swap is the suspension. I wanted to tailor it to my needs and wants. So after some research and talking with a few people. I settled on front coilovers. A mate of mine who's made coilovers for his 106 rally car reckoned he could do it.

So with a kit and a £15 pair of Cavalier front struts to cut about. He came up with this.

Have also dropped the steering arm, in attempt to stop any bump steer issues with running it lower. Dampers are Bilstein B8 sprints, used them in past and was impressed with them.

Good thing is I can now pick and choose my spring rate and ride height. Plus they look f**king cool lol.

Do those seats say reiger infinity gsi or something like that on them?

Your seats came from this car, was stripped because it was rotten.
29dfebl.jpg

Please tell me you're going to fit the engine/ suspension/ brakes etc and leave the paint and body exactly as it is :lol:

Exactly as above lol.

:lol:

The body wasn't going to be touched anyway. Just make shell sound and that's it. Want to spend my effort on making it faster.

Looking good! I remember you telling me about this ages ago at Billing, had forgotten all about it!

Fantastic project :D

Thanks Andy :D.

Seeing the Saab engine Astras at Billing had an effect on me :lol:.

Your seats came from this car, was stripped because it was rotten.
29dfebl.jpg

Nice to find out about that piece of history. Thanks.

Nice project

I actually love the idea lol

great project, be a fantastic sleeper to slay mercs and beemers :D

Would you be interested in doing that to my legs 'move steering arm and fit coil overs?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can be done. But I'd like to finish this pair first.

So we can iron out any bugs. Currently having fun with spring rates and what length of spring to use. I'm going to use 9" springs with a 350lb spring rate. Figuring that lump of Swedish cast iron is going to weigh a fair bit lol. If that doesn't work, at least it's a start point.

I do know she's gonna be low lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back