Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

B204 conversion without AC and PAS

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi,
What have you used for the AC and Power steering pump? Made custom pulleys or what?
My mk3 doesnt have no AC or Power steering so i cant use these pumps.
I was thinking that i would just leave AC pump there, so when its not turned on then the pump wont rotate so it shoulnt be hard, and for power steering id just connect the lines together so the fluid would just recirculate.
Bad idea or any custom pulleys on the market?

Also, if its possible after finishing the swap id like to install AC in the future if someone has done it before. (any info appreciated)

Gareth is currently adding AC to his saab mk3 have a look at his thread. It's a fair bit of work it seems

Hi,
What have you used for the AC and Power steering pump? Made custom pulleys or what?
My mk3 doesnt have no AC or Power steering so i cant use these pumps.
I was thinking that i would just leave AC pump there, so when its not turned on then the pump wont rotate so it shoulnt be hard, and for power steering id just connect the lines together so the fluid would just recirculate.
Bad idea or any custom pulleys on the market?

Also, if its possible after finishing the swap id like to install AC in the future if someone has done it before. (any info appreciated)
Hi if your deleting the AC and pass that's fine. You will need a custom bracket and guide roller installing were the PAS pump would of been. Then fit a shorter Drive belt. 6pk1660 rings in my memory. Or you can use the Pas bracket off a b205 and add a guide roller to that. This was my old carScreenshot_2023-02-04-13-54-49-39_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Fitting AC into your Conversion if you haven't already got AC you will need Full heater box from a AC model astra, Dash wiring loom, AC wiring loom, pipe work, Condenser, Fan. B204 AC compressor and pipes. You will have some metal work to remove as the heater matrix pipes exit on the passenger side as appose to the middle and hold will be required to allow the AC pipes to fit.

As kev sed I'm currently putting AC In mine but mines already a AC car. Mine now
6bea2d5637abdcda0da1115cb597e9f1_4.jpeg
Il grab some pics of the AC installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back