Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

brake servo removal

Best answers
Reaction score
i need to swap the brake servo over but cant see how it comes away from the pedal assembly, got the top all undone but not the bottom and cant find my haynes at the moment

as far as i know, its next to the steering column under the dash. 2 bolts or nuts and the unit will come off once you release the master cylinder and resevoiur

hope that helps mate

so the master cylinder has to come off first? Last time i tried it i undid all four of the bolts underneath and it all came loose but the pedal assy was still attached. Still cant find my haynes :doh:

Hi Tom,

I've never removed a servo myself but TIS 2000 servo removal info does say remove master cylinder, detach pedal spring and press piston rod pin from fork. Remove servo with support bracket from bulkhead.

It also says "Important - Brake servo and support bracket adhere to bulkhead as they are inserted with sealing compound". Adhesive compound is supposed to be applies to front and rear support bracket contact surfaces of new servo. Maybe you know all this, just thought I would pass it along.

Cheers, Paul

er no i didnt, thanks paul. I got it in and working so solved the brake issue at last! I did clean the bracket up though and made sure everything was tight. Guess ill just wait and see

not that she appriciates it :lol:

Thanks for the help paul, where can i get a copy of tis2000? Sounds like it may help me with my future plans

I think you can search around on the net and get a copy by doing that "torrent" thing and similarly a copy of EPC - that's pretty handy as well, not perfect, but has some decent blow-up diagrams...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back