Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Graces Atlantis Blue project

Best answers
Reaction score
Well this is going to be a slow and painful venture, but I am hoping to make something of my car.

Here is the story so far....

I bought the car in September 2007 with the alloys, and exhaust sytem already on the car, between then and meeting Dave not much has happened except cowboy "mechanics" bodging my car and charging an arm and usually my leg for not a lot of work, also 2 people I classed as friends backstabbed me one night at the West Cork Rally, where I parked the car one night when I went drinking, when they kicked off my mirrors, broke the wipers, ariel, put a dent in the wing, pulled half of the door strips off, broke my wiper wings, and broke the drivers side indicator lens.

So now we are upto date, I have since moved away from Cork, to Co. Kerry and also met Dave:cool:, who like me has a passion for all things modified :) He is helping me to get my car better :hug:

The first wave of fixing my car came when Dave found me some square mirrors, down the local breakers, which he cleaned and gave a fresh coat of black paint, he also took off the grill to remove the plastic slats, and update it with black mesh;

So with the mirrors complete, it was time to make a start on the grill. Due to work commitments, the grill took what seemed like an eternity to get complete, but the wait was worth it;

We then set about making a start on the interior plastics, which may take some time due to more important jobs arising;

By the time all this was complete, it was time for me to put my car through its NCT (MOT) This through up a few things that had to be adjusted which were as follows:

Twisted brakeline on passenger side
Wishbone bush needs to be replaced
Emmisions out at high idle
Headlights and grill not secured at base

Fixing the above probs began last night when we went at the twisted brakeline, once the wheel was off, the caliper was a simple task, and only took a minute to get off;

The caliper was turned round to make the pipe straight again, and the caliper was refitted;

Thanks to those that provided help on this, as we are both amatures at this sort of thing :doh::embarassed:

Next on the list will hopefully be at the weekend when we go at the wishbone bushings, here are a few pics that we took to get an idea of what we are looking at when the time comes;

good start, use photobucket

Here are a few pics of the grill, and the new numberplates I bought as the old ones were very dated and scruffy;

02112008.jpg

02112008002.jpg

02112008001.jpg

And a scrapped Vauxhall Viva that Dave spotted down at the scrapyard!

01112008001.jpg

Nice base car to start with aint seen a lot of mk3 in that colour. You going to put a bodykit on her?

Thanks Mullens, well, my overall idea is to fit either a Reiger or a GSi kit, still undecided at the moment.... I want a GSi spoiler and rear lights though :) as for the alloys, I would love a set of Cav GSi alloys in anthracite x

ditch those mudflaps, they ruin it a bit

rallyflaps -no, gsi rep, yes, with the wide arch kit would look nice

Thanks Mullens, well, my overall idea is to fit either a Reiger or a GSi kit, still undecided at the moment.... I want a GSi spoiler and rear lights though :) as for the alloys, I would love a set of Cav GSi alloys in anthracite x

Sounds good to me gsi or reiger kit all the way.

Coope: There is mesh in the grill now, it was there since the grill was fitted back onto the car :)

Reno: For the flaps i have seen some of the dealer flaps that I love, the flaps on there now have been removed :) I think a widearch kit would look rotten on a 5door car, maybe a corsa or nova or summat

Chris1111: Exhaust is on my list somewhere of stuff to change, i would like a duplex system, 3" either side :) we will see what happens though...

Mullens: I will be on the lookout for kits in the new year, wanna get her mechanically sound first, hoping Dave can do the wishbone bushes on Sunday weather permitting...

Can anybody give advice on how to change them?? Front passenger side :) xx

i would of kept the opel grill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back