Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Jimbob_v6 mk3 gsi c25xe

Best answers
Reaction score
hi I'm new to the mk3's but I have a few friends that have had and have them

The story behind this one is me and my friend john went to look at it not far from us, the day we got back off holiday, long story short came away without it, due to minor problems sort test etc but mainly it didn't have the engine in that my friend wanted

We saw the lad was struggling to sell it, and since viewing had mot'd it and got a few of the problems sorted
But had taken it out for a drive and gearbox mount bolts had snapped, for was up for sale for a very cheap price

I purchased the car While sat in the pub and organised getting it collected, rang the wife and asked her to be in at 4pm as I was getting something delivered and the lad who picked it up wanted paying, she's a good egg really

So upon a quick look round, it had a few faults
1 bolt snapped in gear box off mount
1 bolt been loose it had knackered the thread
N/s inner cv boot due to mount going and the one fitted been incorrectly fitted
Abs lights on
More oil over engine then in it by the looks

Overall it's in good nice very clean but has had paint previously but not to a bad standard
So she got cleaned and tucked away for a few weeks until I had stil to set to with it

Though I'd start one of these as I was up until late last night reading 52 pages of somebody else's
I'll up load some photos once I've figured it out and charged my iPad up

Welcome to the club

These are from before i got it

After a quick wash before been put away to be repaired

And put back together ready for a proper run

Last edited:
Well that's the mount sorted
Taken apart old snapped bolt drilled out and that and the loose one re tapped and all put back together with some stronger bolts
New inner cv boot fitted
And it back stood on its shoes

But my list of faults to fix has got bigger
Abs still to sort
O/s headlight lug snapped
Grill has no clips and held on by cable ties
Rocker covers both leaking oil
Sump has taken a bash
Needs higher Springs on the front
Front splitter has some missing

I have purchased some x25xe rocker covers and sump thanks to Mcd vaux in Goole who was breaking an engine to fella very helpful

So the project continues

:welcome: :grouphug:
Nice :d you keeping the v6 in for a while for the sound

:welcome: :grouphug:
Nice :d you keeping the v6 in for a while for the sound

I'll be honest is wasnt keen on keeping the v6 in, but I drove it from my house to lock up and the sound even with the banging from the broken gearbox mount, though to myself I'm leaving it in for now see how it goes

Ahhh so this is the car I did see the lad trying to sell it loads.

V6 or mk4 Gsi springs on the front for the weight you need. I also have a headlight if you cover postage can have it

Ahhh so this is the car I did see the lad trying to sell it loads.

V6 or mk4 Gsi springs on the front for the weight you need. I also have a headlight if you cover postage can have it

Thanks for that kev, I'll message u regarding headlight
Regarding springs it's currently sat on 60mm mk3 springs so would mk4 gsi 40mm springs be better for the weight?
Or what v6 springs fit?

Hi nice looking car. If you end up swapping the spings and want to punt the 60mm ones ill buy them off you.

Thanks for that kev, I'll message u regarding headlight
Regarding springs it's currently sat on 60mm mk3 springs so would mk4 gsi 40mm springs be better for the weight?
Or what v6 springs fit?
The v6 / Gsi mk4 springs are very similar more to do with the weight the height may go up a little but not much

No major updates to be honest
Having to use Astra as my daily at the minute because my daily golf gt tdi is in getting repaired under warrenty

Just been ordering bits to try and clean her up and get to a standard I'm happy with
Rocker cover gaskets
Gearbox gasket kit
Oil and filter

Acquired a set of stiffer front springs to higher front end a bit and cope with the v6 better they just need freshening up, which while the front end will be in bits everything else will be cleaned and painted and front arches treated
And have sourced another splitter, or at least the part I need :-)

So my wanted list seems to be growing so will have to make a list and post it up
Wanted various mk3 gsi parts

And this morning another kick in the nackers, been to mc d's to get wife and kids breakfast went in wife's car and backing on drive notice I seem to have lost my front towing cover off gsi, gutted is an understatement

So that's were I'm at

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back