Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Leaving The MK3 Fold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Reaction score
Yeah, well after some humming and hawing I finally chose a new car (well new to me anyway) to buy, had a shortlist of:

1. 02 02 Renault Megane 1.6 Fidji 5 door
2. 02 51 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX 5 door, sky blue,
3. 02 52 MG ZR 105 + 3 door, trophy blue, half leather,
4. 01 51 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI 3 door, star silver,
5. 01 Y Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 5 door, met blue,

and.......................................................... I went for the corsa, which is very high spec and lots of features for a corsa, drives well, still feels tight like new, mint condition, very low insurance/tax, cheap price and quicker than my astra,

so as of monday I will be trading the mk3 in I will no longer be a fellow owner, I hope this doesnt mean I cant still be an integral part of the club, at least for the duration of this years membership anyway, as I still have a lot of admiration and interest in the mk3, and besides the club Is/or should be about the people, and I feel I've a lot to offer on here, and at some point a cheap mk3 runaround/mini project may find its way to me again.

anyway guys, thanks for all the help/info/advice, and all the laughs, and for buying my parts. :beer:

:Cry: :Cry:

no no no no no no dont do it, you will regret it.... :Cry:

but if you do you better keep posting, loads are leaving us lately :(

Niffer022 said:
:Cry: :Cry:

no no no no no no dont do it, you will regret it.... :Cry:

but if you do you better keep posting, loads are leaving us lately :(

but have you seen how many have joined in the past 24hours?! 12!!!

shame to see you leaving us hendry, but i know how much you've been wanting a newer car, so fair play :)

You'll want to come back. I've driven loads of Corsa Cs...to be honest, they aren't that nice. MK3 Astra feels a lot nicer and more solid. The 1.2 particularly is a pretty weedy engine.

Not a bad looking car, but the quality of materials inside just aren't up to scratch.

sorry to hear that your not gonna have a mk3 any more :sad:
sure youll always be welcome here tho :hug:

Hendry said:
Yeah, well after some humming and hawing I finally chose a new car (well new to me anyway) to buy, had a shortlist of:

1. 02 02 Renault Megane 1.6 Fidji 5 door
2. 02 51 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX 5 door, sky blue,
3. 02 52 MG ZR 105 + 3 door, trophy blue, half leather,
4. 01 51 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI 3 door, star silver,
5. 01 Y Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 5 door, met blue,

and.......................................................... I went for the corsa, which is very high spec and lots of features for a corsa, drives well, still feels tight like new, mint condition, very low insurance/tax, cheap price and quicker than my astra,

so as of monday I will be trading the mk3 in I will no longer be a fellow owner, I hope this doesnt mean I cant still be an integral part of the club, at least for the duration of this years membership anyway, as I still have a lot of admiration and interest in the mk3, and besides the club Is/or should be about the people, and I feel I've a lot to offer on here, and at some point a cheap mk3 runaround/mini project may find its way to me again.

anyway guys, thanks for all the help/info/advice, and all the laughs, and for buying my parts. :beer:

I had a Mk3 Astra, and have at the moment got a Corsa C SXi exactly what your after, SXi, 51 plate, star silver too! m selling it to my mum as soon as I purchase another Mk3 Astra cos it was poor! Ive owned, a New laguna, New Vectra and a New Corsa and the Astra came out on top for me! Just have a good think about it before you do it mate! Especially with the choices of cars above...

Just read it properly and youve already dont it lol oh well

well I took the plunge and went for an 01' focus, its so fun to drive compared to a 1.4/1.6 astra!!

1.6 also produces 117bhp (well mine did) yet its insurance group 6 :D

saying this I will be getting a gsi/corsa b later on with a rather large engine for fun when insurance allows!

Sorry to hear your leaving us, but i see on your list the 02 Renault Megane 1.6 Fidji 5 door. My wife just got 1 of these and its a great motor, cheap as well.
Good luck in your search. :nod:

You'll have more problems with the corsa than you would ever have on a mk3 mate!!! Like simon said the engine is weedy and seems to go through parts like no bodies business! Do you get the 4 cylinder engine with the sxi? Hate those 3 cylinder things!!! Go for the MG mate! I know its not a vauxhall but its a much better package!

mk3 forever i luv em

my missus has a 1.3cdti sxi corsa and its awsome fun to drive!

dont like corsa mum in law has one horrible to drive think the pedals are off place and so small inside not good when ya 6 ft odd

i'm sure you'll see the error of your ways :laugh: but if not, hey, at least its still a vauxhall mate!! ;) let us know how it goes!

Hendry said:

:

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back