Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

mk3 astra just die`s sometimes?

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all, first timer so be kind haha

Right i`ve got a mk3 astra 1.4 4 door hatch on a P reg ( that nice green colour )

Sometime after starting she runs fine,then after 5/10 mins she just die`s, this only happens now and then but its doin my head in haha,

i`ve change the following: HT leads
: coil pack
: disy cap
: rotar arm
And the oil and filters.

But still does it????????

she can go for weeks then she will die, and restart about 10 mins later??????????????

Any one got a clue?

Cheers chaps, were`s the stepper motor?

As rusty says not a iscv fault, as this wouldn't prevent a instant restart.
If it needs to be left for a bit before restarting(10 minutes ?) then see if you have lost spark, if you haven't you know it's fuel, could do the wiggle test on fuel pump connector under seat, these normally play up when cold with a total non start due to no fuel.
If you have lost spark check the crank sensor first, if apart from cutting out it idles perfect then leave the iscv, idle speed control valve alone, as it's working, when playing up these tend to allow some surging of the idle speed up/down.
tabetha

I had 1 of them the once same engine same year an in the end it didnt want 2 know BUT when i tryed to start it the loom round the engine sparked a few times daint know much then bout cars then an my missis said scrap (NO PATIENCE LOL) ow an the fault light was flashing any of these probz m8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back