Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

project number 2 Spectral Blue gsi

Best answers
Reaction score
as most of u no i have a white phase 1 gsi that am restoring and just dropped a saab engine in her. i was looking on the bay and come across a Spectral [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Blue gsi local to me. missed out on the car so i messaged the guy and asked if thay come for it lucky thay did not :) so went to have a look and had to buy it needs abit of tlc come with loads of spares. and got it all for £450 original only got a cone filter on comes with air box and white [/FONT]indicators and the interior is mint love it will be on the road in about 2 weeks.

£450 im scared to ask whats right with it

£450 im scared to ask what's right with it
sills have a bit of rust there was a little hole in the floor bit of rust on bonnet lip inner arches are mint. runs and drives faultless trust its a absolute bargain the guy i got it of must have been mad letting it go for that price but he was happy that it was going to be enjoyed and looked after.

lucky git! is it a 1.8 gsi ill take your front bumper and grille for mine, Oh and the back box lol. mine has a big hole in it

lucky git! is it a 1.8 gsi ill take your front bumper and grille for mine, Oh and the back box lol. mine has a big hole in it
ye its a 1.8 gsi bumper not for sale as keeping it original i do have a complete white bumper for sale fogs spitter and tow cover :)

I'm sure I met you the other day and collected something off you :) thought the car looked familiar haha.

Good look with the MOT.

yes think u did u got the blue/green mk3 good news she passed so now on the road

That's the one.... that's the daily derv.

Glad to hear she passed.... looked VERY nice in the flesh!

well had her out for abit tonight but am going to be jumping all over it soon. as am sick of the fault its in limp mode will not rev over 4.5k. fault 19 intermittent rpm signal changed them for new a few times not sorted it am starting to think its a ecu fault any help would be much appreciated.

It's in limp mode by the sounds of it, normally caused by a duff cam or crank sensor, or broken wiring for these sensors on the loom.

It's in limp mode by the sounds of it, normally caused by a duff cam or crank sensor, or broken wiring for these sensors on the loom.
well its not the sensors as i have changed them for new a few times. i have had a look at the loom cant see anything its a shame there is no one local to me with a ecu i can try as its the 1.8 cant fined one to buy.

Did you change the sensors for pattern sensors from a factor or genuine ones?

I've changed the cam sensor on a x20xev for a brand new pattern one and it failed as soon as it went on. 2nd hand genuine known working one fixed it in the end. The 1.8 and the xev are very similar from what I remember.

Did you change the sensors for pattern sensors from a factor or genuine ones?

I've changed the cam sensor on a x20xev for a brand new pattern one and it failed as soon as it went on. 2nd hand genuine known working one fixed it in the end. The 1.8 and the xev are very similar from what I remember.

This. Never use pattern for sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back