Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Oh dear, what have I done?

Best answers
Reaction score
Today started out pretty bad for me. Got up this morning, ready to go to the meet at Dudley for the west mids region, and there must have been 2 inches of snow on the ground....
Wash gonna polish the car up, that never happened. So off to the meet I go, meet up at Telford Services with some of the lads. However, thats when it started to go pete tong. The sped off on the motorway, and I was struggling to keep up, ended up loosing them in Wolverhampton completely so ended up going home.
So this time, now that the snow had gone, I washed my car, properly. There was a man who was smoking outside the pub jokingly asked if I could wash his car. I said yeah, bring it over and I'll wash it for ya, he didnt take me serious until I told him I was. So duely washed it to a reasonable standard and dried it off with my microfibres. The guy was happy with the work, and bought me a pint. Then another man comes up and asked me how much to wash his BMW 5 Series, so a £5er I tell him, he takes my number down and I think he's coming next weekend for me to wash it, I think I have inadvertently started a little business here

alright for some, i tried to break into this business self employed with no takers, do it while it lasts, bit of extra dosh!!

Think I might do, since it something I like to do on Sunday afternoons anyway, see how it goes. Though I helps, when most of the time my car spends looking like this
Astra069.jpg

fair dos mate i like your car! how much is it lowered by? that looks the exact height i want mine!!

A fiver i'm in Oswestry tomorrow i'll give you £2.50?

I finish work at 4:30, be home about 4:45pm. You'd get the standard Turtle tripple wax shampoo and a microfibre dry down (provided they are dry from today) heck might even chuck a cuppa coffee or tea in as well

I finish work at 4:30, be home about 4:45pm. You'd get the standard Turtle tripple wax shampoo and a microfibre dry down (provided they are dry from today) heck might even chuck a cuppa coffee or tea in as well
:lol: i wont be around then, i'm only going to be up that way between 11 & 12. :sad:

wow looks lower than that, cool. The paint work looks immac to!

A bit **** about the guys leaving you behind fella

probably didnt help that I am a slow driver anyway, but was struggling to keep up even doing *cough* 90 in places. I'd even asked if they went slower but that didnt happen, plus got stuck at a load of traffic lights too and lost sight of them

:lol: i wont be around then, i'm only going to be up that way between 11 & 12. :sad:

That's too bad, since I work 7:30 till 4:30, though If you feel the need I work at Build Center, down on the industrial estate. If you where to drive straight into the warehouse and ask for Gareth, I'm usually about, though might not have much time to talk, cos I'm often busy (I'm a forklift truck driver and warehouseman)

wow looks lower than that, cool. The paint work looks immac to!

Lol cheers mate. I have been asking that one myself it is supposed to be 30/30 but your right, it does look lower. Sadly the paintwork isn't as good as the picture makes out, it was rather scratched in places. but it is rather shiney

probably didnt help that I am a slow driver anyway, but was struggling to keep up even doing *cough* 90 in places. I'd even asked if they went slower but that didnt happen, plus got stuck at a load of traffic lights too and lost sight of them

Was it guys off this site? Usually people stick together, not drive like t**ts

well i was following jay and my satnav did not say i was doing 90 lol, but when you go to a meet you should allways be expected to get split up, thats why i allways take satnav, its been planed for weeks this meet, and if you are relying on just following poaple going to place you dont know we should have given you phone numbers, rest asured this WONT HAPPEN AGAIN all number will be exchanged so no one gets lost, and just think if king^lee can find his way to the pub then anyone can :tape:

Was it guys off this site? Usually people stick together, not drive like t**ts
Yeah, was a few off the site mate, but its all sorted now.

bit out of order they left you :/
wasn't all their fault though, some of it was due to traffic lights. And in a few places lots of Gatso's.

well i was following jay and my satnav did not say i was doing 90 lol, but when you go to a meet you should allways be expected to get split up, thats why i allways take satnav, its been planed for weeks this meet, and if you are relying on just following poaple going to place you dont know we should have given you phone numbers, rest asured this WONT HAPPEN AGAIN all number will be exchanged so no one gets lost, and just think if king^lee can find his way to the pub then anyone can :tape:

Perhaps it was abit much to expect to follow people around, however I don't have a satnav, or know anyone who could have lent me one. 90 was only just to keep up with you guys after I fell behind on the motorway, after that the clocks read about 80. I just hate those average speed cams, and I hope I dont get a ticket from them.
Its all in the past now mate so dont worry about it Neal1. The car got the wash,polish and wax it needed in the end

Totally disagree mate, i have never taken a satnav to a meet, i was leading a meet yesterday, and me and max lost sight of the others behind us as they got stuck in traffic, so i pulled over twice to wait for them, all part of the fun driving together, if i went to a meet, and the leaders lost site of me, and i got stuck at lights or whatever, i would be ****ed if they didnt slow down till i caught up, and wunt bother going to another meet with them imo.

Thats just my opinion :nod::hug:

Totally disagree mate, i have never taken a satnav to a meet, i was leading a meet yesterday, and me and max lost sight of the others behind us as they got stuck in traffic, so i pulled over twice to wait for them, all part of the fun driving together, if i went to a meet, and the leaders lost site of me, and i got stuck at lights or whatever, i would be ****ed if they didnt slow down till i caught up, and wunt bother going to another meet with them imo.

Thats just my opinion :nod::hug:

same :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back