Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

'96 Cabby

Best answers
Reaction score
Had this Cabby for about six months now. Completly standard when I got it; 1.6 8v, fabric interior. Mechanically sound and went through the MOT no problems.

The rear drivers side window didn't work, the motor had burned out and the switch was broken.
Also the drivers seat was buckled and near sheard off on the brackets, a quick weld job sorted it out for a while until I came across some Calibra seats.

A month or so later the roof stopped working! Another burnt out motor! Annoying but it happens....had to get it fixed, or what's the point of having a cabby?

Before Lowering

photob1.jpg

I replaced the 'V' grill for this one I found and you will see that painting is not my strong point.

The damage to the bumper was caused by jumping (clearing a small fence) into a field to avoid a tractor and the driver who 'Didn't see me'.

The car was undamaged apart from the bumper and a squashed back box.....Though it took some explaining when getting my tyres changed how exactly so much mud and plants ended up INSIDE my tyres.

photob2.jpg

I havn't replaced the bumper yet 'cause I'm looking for a gsi one.

After replacing the astra front seats with the Calibra ones I wasn't liking the look, they just didn't go with the car so I searched for some Astra leather and all I could find was a full leather set from a 5dr. 1996.

So I ended up putting front leather Astra seats, NON-reclining which can be a pain in the ass but I don't use the rear's very often....usually i pull them down 'cause the sub sounds 10 times better.

I'd say paying alot for the seats that don't even recline was worth is 'cause they just look that good.

(and btw if any wants leather trim door cars for a 5dr. hatch back, you can have 'em.)

Here is my car as it stands atm. Not good pictures and I hate to show it looking dirty but work and the weather means not much chance to take nice piccys.

photobA.jpg

photobB.jpg

Looking good, what are your plans?

Looking good, what are your plans?

GSI bodykit for a start, havn't decided what to do about the rear bumper though.

Gotta try an get that front grill colour matched properly, not quite sure what I've done wrong. Anyone got any tips?

I'd love a V6 in it but that is gonna have to wait a fair while.

The cabby looks nice mate and I like your idea's about the gsi kit..... Where did you find the de-badged grill?

I may have a GSI grill up for grabs if you fancy doing a deal...... :hug:

nice looking cabby mate . if you need any standared bits , i have loads ,, i have chopped up 3 cabby now and i have ,door ,boot, elecy roof motors, doorcards back seats , roofcovers , roof it got a split

The cabby looks nice mate and I like your idea's about the gsi kit..... Where did you find the de-badged grill?

I may have a GSI grill up for grabs if you fancy doing a deal...... :hug:

If I was going to put a gsi grill on it, it would have to be a de-badged one. I really like the smooth front-end look.

The de-badged grill I've got at the mo' I got from a mate who made it for his sport.

nice looking cabby mate . if you need any standared bits , i have loads ,, i have chopped up 3 cabby now and i have ,door ,boot, elecy roof motors, doorcards back seats , roofcovers , roof it got a split

Got any leather trim doorcards by any chance? I've NEVER seen a Mk3 Cabby with leather in this country, it's a pain in the arse! There are loads on the continent.

there is a guide on here somewhere of how to retrim your doorcards, matty d has just done it to his and they look great

here is a pic of what he did

DSCF3150.jpg

looking good mate, i'll be watching this thread closely as i've got an identical model as you

Find a decent trimmer, wont cost much to do a couple of cards.

I have only done my front doors at the top half and left the lower grey velour material as it matches the rear cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back