Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

KevG's 1.6 Sport (Pic Heavy)

Best answers
Reaction score
Well Guys not posted on here much, but I thought that I would update you on what I was doing to my Sport.
I bought her for £500 as a daily runabout (To and From the railway station), She has had 6 previous owners, and a rake of cash thrown at her to remedy MoT failures (according to VoSA online!), she has no history or service info, so a real grey area which I was very reluctant to go into, but I took my good mate (five door 24valver), anyway he looked her over and apart from a few wee rusty spots she is a solid car, so money was exchanged and I brought her home, here is a pic the day I got her:-
th_IPHONEPics011.jpg

Anyway after running her for a wee while I noticed that she had a few issues with front wheel bearings
IPHONEPics101.jpg
and together forgetting what size she is I reversed into a lamppost damaging the exhaust, so these items got replaced thanks to Simon's Exhausts in East Kilbride, so after my mate resprayed his own Astra he started on mine:

IPHONEPics113.jpg

IPHONEPics114.jpg

IPHONEPics117.jpg

IPHONEPics116.jpg

The arches are solid it was a few rusty spots above where arch is, as it was previously repaired and a new rear door fitted at some time is it's life.
IPHONEPics115.jpg

IPHONEPics118.jpg

IPHONEPics119.jpg

IPHONEPics121.jpg

IPHONEPics127.jpg

IPHONEPics134.jpg

IPHONEPics133.jpg

IPHONEPics133.jpg

IPHONEPics138.jpg

IPHONEPics142.jpg

IPHONEPics137.jpg

IPHONEPics143.jpg

IPHONEPics148.jpg

IPHONEPics149.jpg

IPHONEPics150.jpg

IPHONEPics151.jpg

IPHONEPics152.jpg

IPHONEPics153.jpg

I have still to get a pic of her all finished will update ASAP.

its lookin nice and shiney black there what other plans have you got for her now the body is top notch

Her colour is 81L Diamond Black

My mate wants me to drop a V6 into it, and drop her, but that just goes against the fact that she is a daily runner!

Trying to keep her standard, just got a few mods:

Mk4 Side Repeaters
Rear Interior Illuminated Grab Handles
Phase 1 Irmscher Spoiler
De-badged

Her colour is 81L Diamond Black

My mate wants me to drop a V6 into it, and drop her, but that just goes against the fact that she is a daily runner!

Trying to keep her standard, just got a few mods:

Mk4 Side Repeaters
Rear Interior Illuminated Grab Handles
Phase 1 Irmscher Spoiler
De-badged

yeah but having it all resprayed and that could also go against it just being a daily runner ok it looks nice and new and no rust so it will be a good car but then again you now have a cracking base for a potentiol show car,go on go nuts mate it looks mint

stunning work and amazing initials as same as mine :lol:

looks more graphite in the first pic but good work :D

Ah cant beat new paint :)

still havent seen this in the flesh yet, everytime im about youre in the MG :lol:

car look's really new and nice :thumbsup:

oh i do like a fresh lick of paint. :) looking good.

Looking great with fresh paint fella keep up the good work mate

Well, thanks to my mate FiveDoor 24valver (Rab) he managed to give me contact details of a member on here that is selling a GSI rear axle with Disks/Calipers so, I'm away to get his today, then fitting next week with some new brake pipes and handbrake cable, question is do I need a brake bias valve to fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back