Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Mk4 issues

Last edited:
if you look behind the driver side wing mate there is a vacum box thingy mine came loose and it sounded like it was something hitting the bulk head but it was the vac box hitting the inner wing bud wotrh a shot mate

worth a look. Though spoke to a mechanic the other day and also a family friend who is also a mecahnic and both rekon it could be the drive shaft both said sepertly without knowing what the other said so gonna look at that :/

i dont see how though. not unless there was massive play, you would be able to hear that, plus they would knock under heavy cornering, if they where unbalanced as well the steering wheel woud shake

Get it up in the air an spin the wheels dude, an pull the wheel about to check the bearing, worth a try :)

decided today while doing 70 to bunhop twice and then one wya home from work bunyhop once so gonna avoid driving it tomorrow and just take it to the garage i use and have him look at it as the guy in there is a decent guy and will give me an honest answr and not **** me over.

Bloody lucky there then mate hope you get to the bottom of it soon fella.

Right got car back from garage today turned out was wheel bearings mentiond this ages ago and everyone said no then when same mentioned it i said it again and was told no, but turned out drivers side bearing was hanging outta its arse apprently, car drives so quietly now in comparison its bliss, also got a new break hose fitted at same time, though this was all short lived as the bunyhop didnt get saved into the car memory so wasnt bought up on a flash and mechanic had hoped that it was just a random occurance. Had major problems with it though once got home and assume its the egr playing up called rac up aswell they think its egr problems aswell and gave me a free blanking plate to fix it :) fingers crossed it all gets sorted now!

Thing is Will, if they gave you the blanking plate, idealy you need to have the ECU flashed to tell it to ignore the fact its not getting any readings from the EGR, glad you got the issue sorted out though. Glad it wasnt the driveshafts, but kinda knew it wasnt them as you know, i had both of mine let go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back