Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

my new project

I know it's just another XE conversion, but not many estates have this done. Engine is running sweet as nut, but seem to have sprung a leak of transmission fluid from the gear box (hopefully have this sorted tomorrow). Here's some pics
newengine005.jpg

newengine004-1.jpg

newengine003-1.jpg

Can anyone spot whats amiss from my engine bay? :pound: Mods to the engine, powercap and K1 racing leads. Modified cams still to be put in.

Excellent work fella, dunno what it is but just love the idea of an XE'd estate. Probably cause no-ones ever gonna expect it to be so fast!
Now go find some Saxo's and Zetec-S' and make them feel exceptionally small! :lol:

Renaming the car

So, tonight me n the missus set about De-badging the car. After 10-15mins here's the result
newengine011.jpg

Then we decided to try out the new badges...
newengine006.jpg
newengine008.jpg

newengine014.jpg
newengine015.jpg

newengine016.jpg

I know it may not be to everyone's taste and some people may ask why SRi?:lol:Well I know that there were some SRi 8v estate made, plus I think the red looks good against the green. Also, it does have a Cavvy SRi 2.0 16v engine in! I think they look pretty good, what do you lot think?

very nice!! are you going to upgrade the front brakes as the ones u got look teeny tiny :lol:

Whilst Davie was at work I decided to tackle the task to removing the bump strips for him.
All it took was half an hour, a small screwdriver (covered with a cloth) to lever the strips off and a drop of white spirits to remove 15 years worth of dirt from behind the strips :laugh:
Heres the result
newengine018.jpg
newengine017.jpg

Rather pleased with my efforts and more to the point, Davie's chuffed with it :heh:

Last edited:
They always look sooooo much better without rubstrips. Good work chaps. :)

After a long wait my new headlights with angel eyes and clear indicators finally arrived :whoo:

DSC00475.jpg
DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

Also the Missus bought me these eyebrows for the lights too...

DSC00474.jpg

Gave spraying them myself a go and come out pretty damn good :lol:

Just sold the real angel eye headlights cause we got bored with them, as for a sleeper look, well yes, trying to keep it as low key as we can, and these new head lights fit in nicely with our future plans :cool:

looking good mate nice estate :beer:

Awoke yesterday to glorious sunshine so decided to crack with a bit painting...

just finished lacquering up the eyebrows first, not the best of pictures so will get better ones up later...

newengine007-1.jpg
newengine008.jpg

Next in line was a set M3 mirrors that the missus bought for the mota, but these are only painted just now....

newengine009.jpg
newengine010.jpg

not bad for rattle cans eh!!!

Me an my mate decided once and for all to get rid of my dented wing, (thanks to a freebie of my buddy james :beer:)

DSC00480.jpg

here's the dented wing

and after a loads of bolts later dah daaahhhh.....

DSC00479.jpg

new wing on :lol::lol: still needs a little fettling but it sooooooooo mush better looking :heh::heh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back