Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

my new project

I don't like that back box at all, just looks wrong.

i got a oval cobra back box on mine!!!
looks and sounds ok mate!!!

speaker fitting

well took a notion today to finish fitting my component speakers....

speaker4.jpg

speaker1.jpg

cut out the centre of the OE speaker pods and slotted the new one as you can see...

speaker8.jpg

speaker7.jpg

on fitting the speaker in the OE pods it was a very snug fit, had to trim the hard board inside the door card to make it fit over the speaker.

speaker3.jpg

speaker5.jpg

fitting the tweeters was easy took five mins bust. The speakers grills are a tight fit now but you dont notice it, and i can wind my windows all the way down,:lol:, another job well done.:nod: :cool:

Last edited:
New Back Box

This was the last thing i did before leaving scotland a few weeks ago at my mate brians shop TopGear

mix008.jpg

got rid of that irmy back box.....

mix012.jpg

mix011.jpg

the new Peco back box from a 2.0 ltr hatch, took the hanger from the irmy box and welded it on because the new universal was no use....

mix010.jpg

bit of trimming here....

mix015.jpg

mix016.jpg

bit of welding there.....

mix017.jpg

and tah dah job done.

Getting these of a mate for free...the bumper, grill and headlights for the estate and the missus has claimed the seats, and harnesses for the nova
Jamie2.jpg

Jamie.jpg

Last edited:
After many months of waiting my mate has finally taken my car away to fit my XE YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! but not gonna count my chickens just yet as this engine has not been run for quite a while so Prayin to the car gods that this engine is ok lmao. Will update as soon as i get it back an let you all know how it went :heh:

After a quick visit to see my mate and how my engine is going all seems to be ok at the moment, He has fitted the new timing belt kit, water pump, delco clutch kit and put the ancillaries back on so fingers crossed should be on the road soon. :cool:

bargains bargains

Well i think i got a bargain here for £50 i got this little lot

extraextra091.jpg
extraextra090.jpg

extraextra092.jpg

17" Rims 2 of the wheels are scuffed but a quick bit of DIY will see them good as new and 2 are very clean, the springs are 40 or 45mm drop for the wifes nova, 2 rear springs have been used but a quick rub down and a spray will see them right, the front are brand new.

I think i done alright here, what do you think...............?:cool:

Last edited:
Thats a pretty good buy, I had a set of these team dynamics 'phantoms'. Pretty easy to refurb.

585696_26_full.jpg

Mine looked like this before I sold them on, as usual the pronounced spokes hits the kurb first, so I sanded them back down and just had the spokes painted.

Well just a little update on wats happened today.............

The long awaited day has arrived when i say bye bye to my rather tired 1.6 8v.

newengine001.jpg

And so it begins...

newengine004.jpg

One last look at this faithful old engine.

newengine007.jpg

newengine003.jpg

Job done, but not without a fight this old engine hung in there to the last bolt. pmsl

And finally its long awaited replacement

newengine002.jpg

well thats it for now.:cool:

ooo an XE'd estate, me likeing that lots fella. That be loads of fun to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back