Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Grr been trying to removel the old backbox on the astra so i can fit the cat back system but it wont budge. tried to prise it off with screw driver and hitting it lots but not moving, only so much i can do under a car that is just on ramps :( guess its off to powerflow

i aint got a grinder and middle pipe looks new so i wana keep that. always handly to keep

So iv been looking for a new job and just Been offerd a djin gig Monday nights but 2am finish isn't good when you start at 3/4 am :(

i aint got a grinder and middle pipe looks new so i wana keep that. always handly to keep

Only way I find it to get a chisel or a screwdriver down the side of the pipe and hammer away for an hour until it breaks the seal.

Just woke up, not a bad sleep I don't think :D

Not bad :P

Reno you tried grabbing it from tail pipe end and twist it? Also drown it in wd40 as that always helps?

I had to snap my back box off then hammer a screwdriver to get the last little bits off, :sad:
Hello all

I had to snap my back box off then hammer a screwdriver to get the last little bits off, :sad:
Hello all

That happened when I was doing one on a Corsa. Snapped off, and left the whole pipe on. Which was worse, I had nothing to grab on to, to pull the sodding thing off. :-\

yeah ive tried soaking it and tried to twist it, ive hit it lots, etc, taking it to my mate johns garage tomoz morning he said he can remove exhaust cat back and fit my race tube middle pipe and back box, £30

had a busy day today aswell, went and had a new toyo fitted on the black alloy, been to powerflow and then johns garage. just washed and waxed all the car, tcut the roof and drivers door and treated the tyre walls. rainx all the glass too :) shes nice and red now. also been maplins and brought a SDHC 16g card for £20. so going to shower now and go try out the camera :)

pads are now screaling when breaking then still making the noise when no pressure on the brakes? it doesnt do it all the time though? ive brought some mintex pads anyway to replace them

im not to sure ive tried to look between the spokes in the alloy to see the pads (as i pulled over) it looks like there was plenty of life in the pad. but cant be 100% till i take the wheel off. a job for tomorrow as its raining now

dubstep with dirty lows

now now jason, i was just online at the time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back