Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

10 years a member!

rc

Best answers
Reaction score
So this day 10 years ago I became a member :o

Back then this was seen as a bit of a 'kids club' compared to Migweb, most just had 1.4/1.6's, if you had a GSI you were pretty special. only a couple of people had LET'S. and not a saab in sight.

Alex, Neve'o, kev180ie, Claire, Niffer, Dave, Rob, Pete?

now it's a different story a decade later, not many people with less than 200bhp, some pretty special cars here and migweb has died a death.

anyone who's joined in the last 5 years is probably wondering who the hell I am :hmmm::doh::lol::lol::lol::lol: I used to be kind of a big thing :love::lol:

Bloody hell, 10 years is a heck of a time :lol: I'm coming up to 9 years now, sure as hell never thought I'd end up being one of the owners of the site when I joined at 15 years old :lol:

I remember it well though, I had no clue what a LET was to begin with! But anyone that had a LET Astra was somewhat of a god on here lol, a lot of great people and cars have come and gone over the years, but it's great that we still have some of the very original members and a lot of new ones too!

But yes back then there was plenty of us with a 1.4/1.6SPI trying to gain any ounce of power possible!

But you've definitely left your mark here Ron, with things such as the 'rc mod' being a thing outside of the club now too lol.

Ever since you had that Vauxhall tramp stamp tattoo done, they kinda had to.

I used to be kind of a big thing :love::lol:

This made me chuckle. Yes you did and still are, I always remember the first time I met you at Billing and you called me by first name. Star struck :lol:

I joined October 2005, whilst I was taking a break from driving (not through choice but through her majesty's leisure) to try and sell a mk3 diesel I had lying in the driveway. In all honesty i didnt think this place would still be around, the mk3 never was a fan favourite amongst the vauxhall enthusiast's. Pete wasn't an original member he joined a while later. Guys I remember from joining were prisky, A2, Shazzi sport, neveo, and yourself.

That's good to know it's still alive. That was one of the earliest lets I remember being on this site and being a 5 door made it that much different as any lets were always gsi's. I loved dogsy 's wide arch as well and Ben's black sport as well was really nice even though it was only a 1.6

image.jpg It's been a while since I've been on here. Still got the mk3, dug it out of the unit to move it last month. Shame I don't get the time for it anymore, such is life there is always something else distracting you.

Just looking at my thread history, was last here looking for my white gsi that's in my avatar, guess it's not on here?

What state is your rwd project at Ronnie? Is there much of a following for mk3s these days?

Christ been here 11 years :lol:

I remember them all and no one mentioned Charlie or niffer lol been here since day 1 doubt I'll ever leave never thought I'd be part owner of the place either!!

I still love Andy (a2's) Rio 5 door I'd love to use it lol one I wonder about was Huws champs in 5 door and what happened to it

I think Iv been on 7 years and all because I broke my little finger so couldn't drive for 6 weeks :lol:

I remember a few old faces but not many

erm kind of the same state as you probably last saw it, it's been on a 5year hold :aaargh: but I still have it and it will be done, one day :rolleyes:

Charlie rings a bell, can't remember why though :hmmm:
Girl, c20let 5 door in purple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back