Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

my astra saloon sleeper

Well done mate, truly an inspiration. If only you lived nearer to me then I could come over for some advice on mine. :)

Good job, and great car! I hope you received my private message? :)

Last edited:
Well done mate, truly an inspiration. If only you lived nearer to me then I could come over for some advice on mine. :)

im happy to help via pm mate cheers mate

Good job, and great car! I hope you received my private message? :)

yeah message recieved thanks mate

well thats me skint again lol

just ordered 2 brand new numberplate lamps and they were cheap, 34quid to be exact,

now insured fully comp, and im off to get my tax now, then to the garage for tracking,

it looks well but i aint happy as its my fault ive ruined the paint when flatting down, so im gonna re-do it before billing due to scratches in the paint OLDSKOOL no's what im on about,

me and my mate had a cleaning session this evening and took a few snaps of them 2gether

P1010070.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010077.jpg

Last edited:
must of had some grit on the paper or ive rubbed to hard, theres scratches all over in the paint carnt tell from standing back but when up close there horrible

Could you not just cut it back again? Shame to have to paint it again, but then after all the work you have put on might as well do it right.

That looks fantastic! As said above truly a inspiration! Makes me wanna get on and get mine finished :)

Could you not just cut it back again? Shame to have to paint it again, but then after all the work you have put on might as well do it right.

not sure mate, id rather just paint it again, or supply a pro and just pay him to paint it, then have oldskool back to polish it again :) all before billing,

That looks fantastic! As said above truly a inspiration! Makes me wanna get on and get mine finished :)

its always nice to see a finished project, i look forward to seeing yours finished

When I had my rear quarter painted I noticed some very fine grooves in the paint, sounds similar to what you describe. only seen in certain light when looking for them though.

When I had my rear quarter painted I noticed some very fine grooves in the paint, sounds similar to what you describe. only seen in certain light when looking for them though.

yeah, really annoying tho but im gonna redo it,

well bit of a update, shes insured and taxed and back on the road, and it doesnt half turn heads lol, also fitted my new numberplate lamps today, and my new tax disc holder,

also had dougie on the phone from TV and he wants to feature her in a upcoming issue, so im happy

had dougie on the phone from TV and he wants to feature her in a upcoming issue, so im happy

Glad he finally got back intouch with you mate, bet your glad i pointed him in your direction, although if i hadn't then someone else would have

Glad he finally got back intouch with you mate, bet your glad i pointed him in your direction, although if i hadn't then someone else would have

yeah cheers mate, i emailed him the day you sent his address, got straight back to me the next day, wanting my number a few more pictures, then rang me yesturday, so now im just waiting for one of the writers to get in touch, id well chuffed if she makes the front cover,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back