Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My GSI Astra V6

Any other mk3 astra owners on this site that has a v6 engine fitted? please write back as id like to know if there is any problems to look out for or any technical help?

Yeah don't fit your cams incorrectly, or you will bend your valves :tape:

Just had a terrible week with my v6 Astra. Got it insured and taxed on the road for the summer months fitted new timing belt kit and radiator and thought I was safe and good to go. Wanted it sorted out and on the road for this easter weekend so took it out last weekend to make sure all was ok and run everything in. But 108 mile later bang on the tensioner bracket the bolt the goes through the idler roller snapped of just causing me 2 problems. Has anyone on here ever had any bother with a gates timing belt kit before?

But it was the idler pulley bolt that runs along with the tensioner pulley Andy couldn't believe it got 2 spare heads on and another timing belt kit fitted so back on the road again but going to get these 2 heads sorted again. Took it out today again but am really paranoid and hear every wee noise and rattle and wonder if its ok and so on lol

20150516_091334.jpg
Used to have this, a 1991 gsi with an x30xe on an f16 box.
It was fast and fun but the engine was problematic and the sills dissappeared behind the skirts so it had to go in favour of a clean shell project

Any more updates on yours?

Just started back into mine this last week or so had to weld in new centre section of the exhaust... Need new spring seats for rear axle... so looking for another axle to start with strip and powder coat and rebuild my brakes etc on to it... need petrol tank and then bodyshoot underneath and replace them all

Any other guys on here have a v6 astra?

I still have mine. Hasn't moved since july but know it'll start as soon as I put the key in. My v6 has been in since 2010 and never had a problem and it gets hammered every time I take it out. I do plan to change it next year though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back