Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Quinn Direct Insurance !!!!

Best answers
Reaction score
who on here is with quinn, ive been with them for nealy 4 years never had any issues with them there always been sound when ive been swopping cars over on my policy ect, but now im trying to clame it seams there ither not willing to help or just been awquard, this is my situation, i got side swiped by a car the other night, the guy who was driving it isent down as a named driver but does have fully comp on an other veichal basicaly quinn are saying the reg number on the vectra isent any good and i need his reg number or policy number now ive gave them as much info as there need ie his full name adress tel and who he's insued with just seams like im doing there work for them :doh:

who on here is with quinn, ive been with them for nealy 4 years never had any issues with them there always been sound when ive been swopping cars over on my policy ect, but now im trying to clame it seams there ither not willing to help or just been awquard, this is my situation, i got side swiped by a car the other night, the guy who was driving it isent down as a named driver but does have fully comp on an other veichal basicaly quinn are saying the reg number on the vectra isent any good and i need his reg number or policy number now ive gave them as much info as there need ie his full name adress tel and who he's insued with just seams like im doing there work for them :doh:

Tell them thats why you pay insurance to keep them in a job read them the riot act and ask for the grievance procedjure form and threaten them with omusden or whatever its called. Say you are stressed enough and you dont need to be running around seaching for policy numbers etc thats why they have a database for.

its stupid there said as well that there will try and repair the car she hasent even seen it its a R reg car worth about £1200 it needs about the same spending on it to get it repaid as i want a NEW rear quater door and wing suspension strut and strut top poss hub bottom arm track rod end or arm alloy wheel and 2 tyers (metal has chewed them) and side paiting wing to quater,

any insurance company is a nightmare to claim with, i believe Flux is one of the worst to deal with actually

ESURE and The AA were excellent. Had everything taken car of they just needed my signature and they took care of the rest.

You will find thou that some insurance companys are owned by the same company thats when it becomes a pain.

Example Esure is owned by the royal bank of scotland along with halifax.

Have they not appointed a solicitor to act on your behalf for the claim (I had legal cover)? if so then I would have thought he/she is the point of call for yourself so would suggest getting contact info as I was in contact with mine and not so much my insurance comp. I also had the police involved at the scene so everything was down on a report for me which helped but still took a year to get anything (thats with the police report saying I wasnt at fault!!!).

Guess you could also go to the police and ask for there help - explain the situation and ask if you can have his details for submission to your insurance comp (if they are allowed to share that information with you I guess).

Anyway... good luck with the claim!

Last edited:
Insurance companies can be really lazy. It is their job to find out the details with what you have provided. Surely thats what they pay investigators for aswell. They have some similar systems police have to track people down, even contacts in the police to get info. I was a bobby and had it all the time.

You only find out how good your insurance company is when you go to make a claim.

All they need is the insurance company and name. Reg number if they can't find anything.

I'm with Quinn, only problem i have had is the amount they charged to swap cars on my policy.

iam with simply insuriance (traiders poilcy) and was involved in a accident on jan 4th when someone went in to the back ov me phoned them up they said we will phone you back so i thought yes ok then you cba but they phoned me within half hour took all the details got in touch with her company and by middle ov febuary i had been paid out and got to keep the car for free i would recomend them to anyone as they have always been a1 with me

woody ill get that info from you as i really need to change insurance company's

accident happend on the 17th March its now the 29th March 12days have passed i got the accident form to fill in last thu sent it back via next day delivery there had it on friday morning,

ive phoned quin up 7times nealy every time there say we will get some one to contact you back regarding the claime Guess What NO one has called me back No one has been out to look at the damage to the car and it wasent even my fault the other bloke crashed into me FFS, still havent even got a curtisy car ither,

im going to call them up in the morning see what bull **** there come up with and im going to get some advice from my soliciter,

people off MK3OC AVIOD QUINN DIRECT......... ive had a look on the net and there have some lovely reviews ive been with this company 4 year there more than happy to take ur money each month but when it comes to sorting something out there simply don't want to know thats how it feels,

Rant Over,

Cheers mate will steer clear :)

just got off the phone to the most un-helpfull person ever i mean a quinn direct employee there still havent called the other insurance company and my case is going to be reviewd on thursday soo that will be 15days after i reported it and then there said there would call me back on thursday i gave them my mobile number as there apparently dident have it on record even tho ive told them it about 5times alredy and when there say we will call you back is never happen's, and to top it all off there still refuse me a hire car, im now getting fed up off this i thought insurance were there incase you had an accident to make it easy to resolve..........

how ever it does apper im not the only soul in this world to be treat badly by quinn ive paid and trusted quinn for 4 years take a look at some off these bad boy reviews

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews85556.html

Last edited:
I think they are dragging ther feet is because the car is outside yours so there is no storage charges. If the car was taking away by the police recovery service you are charged by the day so thats when they would act quicker.

Tell them you wish to obtain a grievance procedure form and lodge a official complaint regarding the customer service you are recieving!

micky over my dead body am i giveing the GSI to quinn to take away ect im keeping it there can go and swivvel, but i here what ur saying if the car was a total mess and the police had it in there storage there would be like **** off a stick to sort it out,

im going to ask for a grievance form on friday as im guessing i will not get a call on thursday,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back