Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Rear Washer Jet

C

chrishodgkiss

Well, I found out today that my washer wasnt working at the back, found out all the water/screenwash is gushing down the drivers side rear wheel arch. So i had a look at if the tube had come off from where the boot hinges are and it has :(, only problem is im not sure how to get it back on. Can anybody give me any advice on how to fix it ?

:sad:

the rear washer hose is connected under the spoiler thing above the rear window i'm sure it only 2 or 4 torx screws to take it off 2 on underside of spoiler and 2 inside tailgate. i've had same prob wi mine in nov befor its mot

Yes, the pipe has come off where it runs down the side of the car and i dont have little enough fingers to feel for where it may have detatched itself.

The pipe on mine has split too. Take the rear spoiler off as said above and replace as much pipe as you need to. Personally I'd replace the whole length as it all goes hard and splits eventually.

Does any one know where i can source some suitable pipe to replace the rear washer run from??

also any ideas on the approx length of the run from pump to rear jet?

Long story short i need to get this fixed cus i have had to get 2 new petrol cap lock actuators in as many months, as the leak seems to be covering the motor and burning it out, which i usually discover when im at petrol station and have the fuel warning light on, and then find the cap is jammed shut lol

Worryingly i cant see any signs of a leak under the car when i run the motor, so that makes me think its pooling in the chassis somewhere :Cry::hmmm:

May sound silly but Try your local pet shop. All you need is the pipe for a fish tank air pump. I only replaced a short piece of washer pipe but thats wat i used and it dun the trick beautifully. Correct diameter and you can even buy plastic connections to join old and new pipes

May sound silly but Try your local pet shop. All you need is the pipe for a fish tank air pump. I only replaced a short piece of washer pipe but thats wat i used and it dun the trick beautifully. Correct diameter and you can even buy plastic connections to join old and new pipes

as above use some fish tank pump tube, i used this to but i replaced the whole length from washer bottle to the washer jet, cost me less than a tenner for it including some mini clips to make sure it doesnt come off, havent had any problems with it since

Does any one know where i can source some suitable pipe to replace the rear washer run from??

also any ideas on the approx length of the run from pump to rear jet?

Long story short i need to get this fixed cus i have had to get 2 new petrol cap lock actuators in as many months, as the leak seems to be covering the motor and burning it out, which i usually discover when im at petrol station and have the fuel warning light on, and then find the cap is jammed shut lol

Worryingly i cant see any signs of a leak under the car when i run the motor, so that makes me think its pooling in the chassis somewhere :Cry::hmmm:

Go to the local motor factors or spares shop. They should be able to sort you with something.

If its not coming out any where and you say its killing your central locking motor on the petrol cap, id be temped to get under the car with a screwdriver and wiggle the sunroof drain about a bit, it could be filling the rear quarter up.

Fish tank pipe +1, used it years, never gets hard, so long as you make sure it is silicone, which it certainly should be if for fish tanks as rubber etc is poisenous to fish.
tabetha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back