Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Ronnie' new runaround - project VAN!

someone please save it......

:nod: 850 sounds a good price as well, needs some tidying an the new owner to join up on here if they haven't already :nod:

I'm sure the person selling that is the boyfriend/husband of Claire on here who had the ST Orange Astra

Yer its Ste Porter, theres a big feature on him in this month's TV..

Not sure if Clairs on here any more as she's sold the astra now..

she swapped the van for 2 corsa gsi's iirc

Yeah i also noticed this? Hopefully at some point somebody on here will buy it and do something with it!

i'm still here :wave: yeh we got a cav turbo for a bargain price of 1200 :D tbh i feel bit awkward coming on here coz i dont know if ste upset rc at pvs about the van?! i hope not but i've kept outta the way anyway lol

coopstermk3 - you from spalding??

edit - van went back on ebay coz the first guy that bought it didnt show, ***** lol

Hi claire, don't worry there's no bad blood between us :lol: especially now he's read my van thread and knows how i did everything on it and how it is now. I thinks ste's the best thing that happened to the van since i sold it, engine bay and mechanicals look alot better again :)

Hi claire, don't worry there's no bad blood between us :lol: especially now he's read my van thread and knows how i did everything on it and how it is now. I thinks ste's the best thing that happened to the van since i sold it, engine bay and mechanicals look alot better again :)

thats good to know!! i felt really bad at pvs with meeting all you guys for the first time and then ste wanting to show everyone the van made me feel really awkward lol thanks :) he did bits on it here and there as it broke or needed it, i have a feeling that the home its gone to now though it wont be looked after very well, gone to a guy that runs a security company and he wants it as a workhorse :fear: im just wondering what we're guna sleep in at next years pvs lol i dont do tents!!

Claire i am from spalding!

o cool, you got a mk3 astra? do i know you at all??

No i dont think you do know me, Not many people do i stopped going out many years ago, I just remember ste from when i used to go down sainsburys and i saw him a few times in the petrol station in the white van lol.

I have a mk3 astra van its red (lowered at the back) and its has a black de-badged grill (Stands a mile out) lol.

No i dont think you do know me, Not many people do i stopped going out many years ago, I just remember ste from when i used to go down sainsburys and i saw him a few times in the petrol station in the white van lol.

I have a mk3 astra van its red (lowered at the back) and its has a black de-badged grill (Stands a mile out) lol.

just had a quick look at your thread of your van, looks cool! if you see me flying me about in my corsa, you'll have to wave and say hi!

looks like the van has now yet another owner, he's just posted up on mig.

hi im the latest owner of the van, i bought it because i thought it was realy quite funny because it was a well chavved up dog when i got it. but since owning it if grown emotianly attached to it it so i have decided im going to try and restore it to its former glory ( like it was in rc's pictures ), i have started by taking it to m local dyno center to see if it is worth spending a bit of time and money on it. it pulled at 200lbs pft and has 180 hosses still in ther so if anyone has any good tips for getting more from a v6 i would appreciate it.

just a little update on the van,
i arnt able to do minute by minute pictures and write ups like ronnie because if i do any work on her im as slow as a go slow machine in really slow mode so sorry bout that.

any way i bought the van like i said for a laugh a few months ago and me and a mate tryed our best to blow her up but to my suprise we didnt succeed, since then i have had some life issues and lost all my money, and the only thing i was left with was the van, I lived in her for a couple of weeks, with every thing that was happening and all the time iv spent with her i got quite attached to her and started doing some research on these vans (as i said im an electrician and until recently couldnt change a wheel lol), i came across this post and i am real impressed with you ronnie it looked great and i thought it would be a real shame to wreck her so i have decided to give her some love and affection.
I started by trying to make it look a little less tatty so i removed the side skirts and prepped and painted the sills, and cleaned up the skirts and refitted them (this is only a temp thing untill i can afford a respray) it has made a big difference.

through the week i have removed the wheels and had new tyres fitted, (lucky- the manager of my local kwick fit was so impressed with the van and simpathetic to my limited funds at the mo, he gave me 4 tyres at cost £140 fitted BARGAIN:D).
I removed both front legs and fitted new bearings and outer cv's and again cleaned every thing up.
i have changed oil an filter and repaired a leak from the sump.
fitted standard springs on the back, i have had to, you will understand wen you see pics.

sorry for droning on but im new to these forums so bare with me please:D
i just found my camera leads tonight so will post some pics tomoro

family1637.jpg

astrajustbought.jpg

family1639.jpg

family1635-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back