Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Ronnie' new runaround - project VAN!

good swap ronnie, will suit your needs much better. I actually believe you about this being the cruiser, i can see that your into the RWD project again from the progress you making, once you have the shell all sorted knowing you it wont take long before its on the road!

good swap ronnie, will suit your needs much better. I actually believe you about this being the cruiser, i can see that your into the RWD project again from the progress you making, once you have the shell all sorted knowing you it wont take long before its on the road!

yea looking forward to getting it now :) thurday the 16th :) :) dont get me wrong though, im not gonna buy it and not change a thing untill the day i sell it again, its gonna get little bits and pieces, i woulnt be able to leave it at all :lol: but gona for the exective comfy cruiser theme rather than the stripped out racer, things like omega light sun visors and electric sun roof and silly little things like that, rather than rip everything out for an extra few mph like the van got to :lol:

went on a bit of a scrap yard hunt today :) when you finally come to sell a car you suddenly remember all the things you have been meaning to do for ages, but just learned to live with them, trims missing etc, and i know if i went to look at a car id think, what the **** is this falling apart lmao

so set off, and first scrap yard... found a mk3 van, result :)

8bc9b5a3.jpg

opened the bonnet, and found it had the same gm td as mine had.. then thought hang on... its got blue turrets

dca31ca6.jpg

opened the back... and it used to be the same colour as mine used to be too :lol: :lol:

2a491f0c.jpg

what are the chances of that, gues noone really did like the purble mk3 vans lmao lmao

so a few hours later and a pile of bits home :)

2ed363b9.jpg

drivers door card,
boot interior trim,
rear window interior trims,
drivers mirror,
door speakers,
fuse box cover,
drivers seatbelt,

and 4x rear vectra door handles to delock the cav all round :cool: :cool: when it gets here :lol:

so to start, i hadnt fitted the interior trims in the back since the respray, like 18months ago, and had long since been lost :doh:

c168c5a3.jpg

so all fitted up with new trims :) it came with woking speakers too :cool:

1108667d.jpg

next was the door card, i got my origional electric window stuff from the scrap yard, and it looked like someoone had had a fire in their door pocket lol thats why i got another door card today

c9ffdd41.jpg

and on :)

91310369.jpg

got the seatbelt changed too

and then did an oil and filter, as its got adrive to billing this weekend, and then a drive all the way up north with its new owner next week. GM :cool:

5ff1764e.jpg

and gave the engine bay a clean as hadnt cleaned it for ages and live right out in the countryside and ****ty weather results in filthy bay :(

all clean :)

f84a4bb0.jpg

Good to see you today mate, and the family!

I got the last round of van photos, just sorting through the 415 i took this weekend now - i'll post them in here when i get to them.

Roll on next year!

van was looking nice yesterday ron, was a pleasure meeting you as well :thumb:

sad to see the van go ron but the cavvy looks really tidy is it just a straight swap?

sort of, origionally it was gonna be meet half way and 500quid my way, he's in lancaster and im in suffolk. then we came to the agreement he comes all the way here, and i put standard gsi 256 brakes on all round and keep all the big brake stuff to put on the cav, and take a few other bits off, and then do a straight swap.

sort of, origionally it was gonna be meet half way and 500quid my way, he's in lancaster and im in suffolk. then we came to the agreement he comes all the way here, and i put standard gsi 256 brakes on all round and keep all the big brake stuff to put on the cav, and take a few other bits off, and then do a straight swap.

sounds like a good bit of dealing there as said the cav looks mint always liked them

nice looking cav there and you got a good deal too didn't ya :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back