Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Tell us about something seemingly unimportant that you liked today

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
The wifes Zafira decided last night to start misfiring heavily, so took it down the garage this morning to get my tyres mounted and asked him what he reckoned, he said straight off coil pack, Z16 are known for it apparently. Had a quick look on Euro, not payday till Monday, when he says "I had one in for MOT on Monday, failed badly and the owner told me to dispose of it and keep anything I wanted, got cubed yesterday, guess what I kept..." so one not very old coilpack sorting a breakdown that could have cost a few quid dealt with for a tenner, and he mounted my tyres and balanced then for a fiver each. Lovely.

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
The wifes Zafira decided last night to start misfiring heavily, so took it down the garage this morning to get my tyres mounted and asked him what he reckoned, he said straight off coil pack, Z16 are known for it apparently. Had a quick look on Euro, not payday till Monday, when he says "I had one in for MOT on Monday, failed badly and the owner told me to dispose of it and keep anything I wanted, got cubed yesterday, guess what I kept..." so one not very old coilpack sorting a breakdown that could have cost a few quid dealt with for a tenner, and he mounted my tyres and balanced then for a fiver each. Lovely.
That's awesome :) And yes they are extremely common haha.

astranaut

Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
3 months after I lost my wedding ring while delivering parcels, I'd gave up all hopes of finding it, suffered the abuse off the wife, someone rang the depot today to say they had found a ring in their shed where I had left their parcel. Cheap ring, but sentimentally valuable to me, returned so they are my new favourite customer. Good people are still out there :)

Justin46SA

Club Member
Reaction score
Lucky

I also lost my wedding ring a few years ago (somewhere in my house/yard) :doh:. Still missing till today.

DavebGsi

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
3 months after I lost my wedding ring while delivering parcels, I'd gave up all hopes of finding it, suffered the abuse off the wife, someone rang the depot today to say they had found a ring in their shed where I had left their parcel. Cheap ring, but sentimentally valuable to me, returned so they are my new favourite customer. Good people are still out there :)
holy crap! awesome

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic news mate!

I very rarely wear mine, I can't wear it for work anyway so end up forgetting about it lol.

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
My next door really amuse me.

They share a car this couple. Mrs hardly drives it and when she does will NOT drive it on to the drive just abandons it on the road where ever she wants and then it sits until he wants to use it again. Also wont reverse off the drive so to me if she cant do these simple manoeuvres should have her licence removed.

The bloke will only drive into the drive one way and the best bit is when he goes off the drive regardless of other cars parked over from him etc he ALWAYS has to go one way down the road.

Below is a overview of our road and drives. You can see how his car is on the drive and he reverses out doing possibly a 9 point turn (I counted 11 the other week) just to head down the road to loop back when he could have reversed off the other way and been gone with no hassle to the road he wanted to get too lol

I have no idea what goes through peoples heads these days but some 20-25 year olds puzzle me.

Nothing major just amuses me

TubaMagna8

Club Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me started on drives and neighbours.... one of ours wannabe tree huggers decided to get their tarmac drive dug up and replaced with block paving as the sales man said it was more eco friendly with drainage.... blah blah blah... he didn’t tell them that it would need to be de-mossed with lots of water run by a diesel pressure washer... they’re very anti-diesel yet they make comments to me about washing cars.... probably was more suitable for the what’s pissed you off thread but oh well....

Andy

Member of Honour
Reaction score
Don’t get me started on drives and neighbours.... one of ours wannabe tree huggers decided to get their tarmac drive dug up and replaced with block paving as the sales man said it was more eco friendly with drainage.... blah blah blah... he didn’t tell them that it would need to be de-mossed with lots of water run by a diesel pressure washer... they’re very anti-diesel yet they make comments to me about washing cars.... probably was more suitable for the what’s pissed you off thread but oh well....
Yeah, it belongs in this thread. The only reasonable reaction to ‘tree huggers’ is to point and laugh at them.

TubaMagna8

Club Member
Reaction score
must admit been looking at a few Mk3's as i miss mine.... Did think of a diesel just to annoy the neighbours and run it on chip fat oil....

astranaut

Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Today I had my first foray into tuning a diesel and fitted a much larger than standard intercooler to the Mondeo, never had a car worthy of making a bit quicker. Pick up my exhaust on Thursday now lockdown is easing in Wales, and map it next month. Small things please small minds and all that :D Astras still here though, relegated to the back of the drive after some bellend booted the door mirror off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)