Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Weird Fueling Problems...

Best answers
Reaction score
The story...

Changed the cambelt and suspension on the 1.2 Corsa, everything was working fine beforehand, and now the car keeps cutting out under braking/lifting off the accelerator, and sometimes when reversing, also shudders very occasionally, We've taken everything off and gone thorugh it all again and 99% sure its all corrrect but it's still problematic. Prior to this I ran out of fuel due a faulty/inaccurate petrol gauge, but both me and my Dad are stumped, any suggestions?
It's a 1.2 single injection 1.2 8v

possible missfire? or timing slightly out? idle control valve dirty?

corsa 1.2

Try the fuel filter. Running the tank try may have pulled a load of crap into the filter. It's worth a try at the price of one anyway.

Sounds like it m8 i aree with andy ow does the fuel filter make a funny noise like a buzzing sound?

Changed it and no difference, no buzzing sound either, considering changing the fuel tank now, unless anyone else has some ideas???

99% no good you need to be 100% why would you change the tank?

where did percentages come into it?

i wouldnt bother changing the tank mate if you have changed the filter and it made no difference, if you disconnect the pipe from the pump and the one from the engine can you blow through it freely? (be careful of fuel still in the pipe lol)

Read krows first post He said hes dad and nim were 99% well thats not good enough The cambelt is the heart it must be spot on,

It drives and runs fine, theres no reason for it to be the timing belt, As for the tank, it's a merit and from what I've read, they didn't come with baffles to stop the petrol sloshing about...

We're going to disassemble the entire fuel system at the weekend in the hope of cleaning it out and will prrobably do the line as dark-ryder suggested...

i would check your earth points mate where the alternator is as mine was running like crap until i realised i had missed this

but check all of them :beer:

If it was crap in the tank then changing the filter would have fixed it, I don't see the tank being the problem, only other real connection is the fuel line in, check that first before taking everything apart mate

This sounds like a guessing game here RIGHT a few things too try mate first of all fuel pump relay 2nd the timing you sure its bang on and not a tooth out 3rdly its a fuel injection fault if so its the brain 9 times out of 10 it dont show up as a fault 4thly the loom round the engine loose connection or no connection.

Ow i for got when you changed the cambelt did you ree align the water pump aswell with the markings on the plastic covers sounds funny dont it but if you aint got the water pumpmarkings timed up properly it wont run properly everything to do with the timing and i dont just mean the pulleys going round mate?

Well the problem is getting worse, its just flooding now constantly, it runs fine on the drive, but take it out and it starts flooding nearly immediately, I'm changing the plugs nearly every day now, thinking maybe the throttle position sensor?

its the single point right well where the single injector sits theres a rubber sealing ring tht stops fuel leaking into the inlet try tht mate its on top of it where the air comes in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back