Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Best answers
Reaction score
hi i have an astra mk3 5 door, when i bought it the roof rack was already installed on the roof (genuine vauxhall)
i have a key to the roof rack but when i insert the key it doesnt seem to turn nor left nor right.
last case scenario the key that came with it may be the wrong key.

i really want to remove them as it looks terrible so please if you have any ideas then let me know, if any ones helpful enough to come help me out then you can take it for free if you want it.

i can make photos of them tomorrow if its any helpful..

Put wd40 in the key holes May of seized then keep trying.

Also on the key it should have a number look at the roof rack lock should have a number also make sure they are the same

good tip. will try that.. if it wont work then im pulling out the drill lol

Quick, get those rusty roofracks off before it spreads to the rest of the car!

Oh no, your arches! D:

:biggrin: I like my roof racks -

15110944_10210524788293457_5049151024068228960_o.jpg

Yeah, key should turn and then you pull off the cover. Then its socket cap screws that clamp them onto the seam (2 on each side).

after all it is the wrong key that came with it.. im gonna have to use the drill i guess

after all it is the wrong key that came with it.. im gonna have to use the drill i guess
See if you can get one on eBay usually get copy ones for like £2

Enlight1.jpg i took it off finally lol. now i just need to find a gsi spoiler

I know a guy here that sells one for 25 quid, but it's red

Mate of mine has one in Milton Keynes in spectral blue your going to have to paint it regardless as you won't get one in your car colour

Wasn't this for sale on Facebook for £350?

I guess i'll have a look on ebay. By the way it was for sale on facebook but i decided to keep it for myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back