Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Joycey's 2.0 Astra Sport

joycey

South Central Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
As you all probably guessed i wouldn't stay away from mk3's for long lol so this is my introduction to my new Astra which has a pretty interesting story behind it, Are we all sitting comfortably?

Good then I'll begin.....

Hello......Old friend :)

This car first came into my life as a mates car back in 2006 it when it was just a bog standard 2.0 sport on a P plate with just under a 100k on it and generally in pretty good condition seen here:

DSC00119.jpg

It then got a pretty big make over by me and my mate so i have always had a big spot in my heart for this car as it felt like i owned it to!! We did all the work ourselves with ph2 gsi parts and a ph1 bonnet as well as other bits and pieces such as front and rear strut braces

DSC00280.jpg

Before lastly getting chrome angel eyes and a FK grill and then being resprayed in flame red and the wheels done in ford ash black.

The result was imo very good and tasteful (this was when neons,gross bodykits,stickers were in fashion)

DSC00034.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

This is sadly where things start turning bad.... :(

My mate then decided that he was bored of it and sold it for £2000 and regretted it almost straight away (like everybody always does) and tried to buy it back but the guy wouldn't have any of it :( So that was it! Gone forever! :(

Until....

I was browsing eBay looking at different Astra prices ect and as i clicked on the next page THERE SHE WAS!? I couldn't believe it, over 4 years later and there it was! It was like a scene from herbie when they find him again lol
:laugh:

Sadly tho 4 years of stupid chavvy owners and abuse had seemed to of taken its toll on poor old DOX :( What had they done to it!!!

I'll let the pics do the talking......

Original ebay pictures sorry about quality:

B5j8p7wmkKGrHqIOKnMEy15K7Ib5BMuIFEfT_3.jpg

B5j8WwBmkKGrHqUOKi0EyY0lY7YBMuI-Pjrqw_3.jpg

B5j8kFBWkKGrHqMOKicEyVlZcrYRBMuI-1okTQ_3.jpg

B5j8TngWkKGrHqEOKi0EyVNyWRVBMuI-Fj42g_3.jpg

B5j8fsBGkKGrHqQOKiYEyCb6uBvZBMuI-qFT_3.jpg

B5j8qJQmkKGrHqQOKjwEynq9B4tBMuIFYHMg_3.jpg

:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

So i messaged and asked what his buy it now price was to which he replied "£1200 mate" LMFAO!!! I don't think so! So i went and viewed it after alot of haggling (he threw on a gsi bumper he had) and generally just making sure that he knew that he had basically ruined a nice car, i told him he could have £400 cash for it and keep his crap alloys that were half on it and he accepted!

She's all mine!
:cool:

Towed it back to my mates work....

09032011321.jpg

****ing lol at the bodykit! Gets funnier every time i look at it!

28112010386.jpg

Get this **** off my car! lol :hang:

28112010388.jpg

28112010396.jpg

28112010395.jpg

Thats better! It was then burnt! (no really, they had fire in the field out the back and i chucked it on there! :nod:) Then checked it all over and it generally seems quite good it has new wish bones,track rods,drop links ect on it :nod:

Needless to say i have BIG plans for this car because as well as being a much better car and base to start with than my old one i still have ALOT of stuff that i bought for my 8v and never used as well as more new stuff i have bought that i will now fit to this :heh:

Next update tomorrow.......

Last edited:
Nice one mate, That bodykit was a ****ing state :lol: Glutton for punishment with flame pink though :heh: Plans sound good too ;)

Last edited:
sweet ride :D what a suprise this is, welcome back ;)

About sodding time you posted pics, i was tiring of not being able to say owt, lol

sure i saw thid on egay with a daft price on it ? nevermind get it back to looking half decent glad the kit got burnt lol

Well already had a great start to this thread NOT by recieveing 2 infraction points for "dodgeing the swear filter" If i wanna say the bodykit on MY car in MY project thread is ****ing **** i will! Forgot we are all 5 on here! Pathetic tbh.

Anyway

Thanks for the comments guys, it was indeed a nice car before being ruined but have no fear it will look good again trust me! :cool:

And nath, come again?

When that was sold on that looked stunning. Really can't see why anone would want to remove a gsi kit, looking so sweet and replace it with his part time job - snow plough.

I remeber this car, the guy who bought it fitted one of those stupid resistor performance chips to it.

nice work :D

When that was sold on that looked stunning. Really can't see why anone would want to remove a gsi kit, looking so sweet and replace it with his part time job - snow plough.

Agreed! I dont know why you would fit a kit like this at all let alone REMOVE a perfectly good gsi kit to do so?

I remeber this car, the guy who bought it fitted one of those stupid resistor performance chips to it.

News to me mate as there's no mod chip on it now? also without being rude how would you know? Did you know him or summin?

nice work :D

Thanks mate its appreciated :)

No mate, you told me his ebay user name, I looked it up and saw him not only buy the kit but also the chip and various other daft things! Its an ancient convo on msn I think?

Good start though!

Ahhh i remember now yes! I have looked and it def aint there mate he was prob too useless to fit it i exspect! And cheers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back